Sound Proofing

Dicky

Well I'd guess the thing is, you'll be adding weight no matter what.

Someone on here recommended 'Silent Coat', cheap enough to test out (ebay/amazon).

Depending what tyres you're on as well, I found the original Bridgestones were awful (MPSS now).

I put some thick carpet underlay under the boot carpet, which has made a bit of a difference. As did a tonneau cover.

Outside of that as Rob said, would need to look at other form of panel deadening in the boot to limit the resonance, that and seek quieter tyres.

Edited by veef13

I put some thick carpet underlay under the boot carpet, which has made a bit of a difference.

Would agree with that. Had to remove the thin under carpet in my boot to get a custom boot divider fitted and the noise level went up several decibels.

Pete

I went for the underlay option and according to my db meter it made no difference what so ever... But I've ordered some of this )http://www.interfloor.com/underlay/colours-red/) and will try it in again in a few weeks.

Went on a stag do and my boot was completely full up of bags, booze etc. and that was the quietest its ever been.

Cheers chaps, sorry for the reply delay been a bit ill. Unfortunately being one of the more senior members, quite power apeals more these days. I do like the exhaust note when pushing on a bit but the road noise can get you down.

May do a couple of experiments with the boot space first but don't fancy taking door cards off.