07 350z with no hump?

Rook

I'm going to look at an early 2007 350z on Friday, and from what I've seen it checks out (paid for a vehicle check because it was only a few quid), the chap has full service history, seems like a decent guy as far as I can tell over the phone (lots of sales experience), I kinda poked and prodded in the usual ways and I'm not worried about the guy frankly.

That said, both the gov.uk number plate check and this Auto Trader vehicle check show the vehicle as 2007, not imported, and a grey 350z that hasn't been stolen, in an accident or written off.

My insurance company thought it was a 313GT too.

Looking at images though, there's clearly no bulge, and I don't see how it can be a 313. I've heard people say 'the HR engine won't fit under the bulgeless bonnet' but is this definitely true?

Here's the car: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201504102494629?atmobcid=soc4

Edited by Rook

Ah, that's it, thank you!

Everything I've tried search has just said 'rev up 05 and 06, HR 07 on'.

Cool, thank you for settling my concern so quickly!

Does this have the arguably easier-to-live-with clutch from the older cars, would anybody know?

some were known for using more oil as they got older. I think Wasso used to use quite a lot, but the one I had did not use that much . . but that might have changed if I keep it for longer.

If it were me I would look for a 313 :thumbs: . . not a 297

Seller is not trying to pass it off as a 313 so credit to him for that. The '06 296hp rev-up was a short run compared to the DE 276bhp and with the release just a year or so later quite few of the 06 models remained unsold even into 2008.

I'd considered waiting and going HR to be honest (or at least getting into the price range where they're available) but with the mileage I'm gunna put on it and how long I plan to keep it, I'd just be throwing the money down the toilet. I'm sure if I were very used to one and I tried the other I'd notice but honestly I think I'll be quite alright with the measly 300 odd horses the RevUp offers.

I'll remember to check/top up oil regularly though, thanks for that.

Seller is not trying to pass it off as a 313 so credit to him for that.

It's actually quite refreshing to see a trader knowing what he's selling rather than just assuming a 2007 is a HR.

When I sold my 313HR (on a 07 plate), the problem I had was that the glasses guide the dealers use didnt know what a 313HR was. So the prices they gave were the same as a normal non 313 model. As the dealer didnt know anything about 350z`s he had no idea what I was on about. My car was July 07 if I remember rightly. It was an ex Nissan Press car, so would probably have been one of the first ones.

When I sold my 313HR (on a 07 plate), the problem I had was that the glasses guide the dealers use didnt know what a 313HR was. So the prices they gave were the same as a normal non 313 model. As the dealer didnt know anything about 350z`s he had no idea what I was on about. My car was July 07 if I remember rightly. It was an ex Nissan Press car, so would probably have been one of the first ones.

Sounds like an odd dealer to me, any dealer worth his salt should understand that revisions of models can come out half way through a year and can cause a difference in price. Maybe he was hoping to get the deal based on a 296 price and then sell as a 313. :shrug:

My 07 RevUp is just about to cross over the 100K mark and is good as gold. Flew through it's MOT without any advisories and is 100% reliable. When the time comes to sell it I really don't know what I'd replace it with (other than a 370 of course) - they really do get under your skin

Edited by Nick350z
  • Like 1