For the Love of Cars

Ceejay29

Bugger. Missed it and this thread cos MotoGP was on :lol:

Still, thanks for the heads up CJ. Series linked now and I'll catch a repeat in the week :thumbs:

Hmmm. 8pm on a Sunday? I'm sure there used to be another car show on at this time. Now what was it called....? ;)

• Like 1

Bugger. Missed it and this thread cos MotoGP was on :lol:

Still, thanks for the heads up CJ. Series linked now and I'll catch a repeat in the week :thumbs:

Hmmm. 8pm on a Sunday? I'm sure there used to be another car show on at this time. Now what was it called....? ;)

Probably be on 'catch up' by now.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched last night because hot hatches were my era.

Imho i think the show could potentially be really good, but, would much prefer to see more of the work going on than Phillip Glenister being surly and miserable and seemingly devoid of any interest.

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I watched last night because hot hatches were my era.

Imho i think the show could potentially be really good, but, would much prefer to see more of the work going on than Phillip Glenister being surly and miserable and seemingly devoid of any interest.

The last series was much better, it's not terrible but like you say could do with a bit more 'hands-on' detail

I agree with the above. I think they would make great 'two parters'. The pulling apart etc in the first, with details of the work that's required, then the second hour showing the work that goes into restoring the cars.

Still a good show though. Same as Car S.O.S.

Edited by 14N

I thought it had promise until the point the car was trailered away, then we have what seems like loads of padding out, the car is finished and at auction.

I feel sure anyone interested in the car would rather see some of the work progress than PG being suitably grumpy about the whole experience.

Agree also. A bit too much Phil and not enough Ant and team at work. The show would benefit massively from an A-Team stylee fix-up montage at the very least! I want to see welding and grinding and men in overalls sweating and swearing quite a lot coz bits don't fit properly etc. (OK so that was my experience of O level metalwork but I can't believe it is as easy as they make it look!)

One minute Ant is poking at rusted bodywork and saying that it is a lot of work, he and Phil go for a drive around the M25 and then suddenly ta-daa! Job done. :dry:

Still love the show but feel they need to re-balance it slightly.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...