WALES 2015 - Accommodation at Moreton Park Hotel - IMPORTANT

Mudman

Evening Zedders

Quick post to let you know that as we are not filling the hotel due to a reduction in numbers over previous years the Hotel is putting the reserved rooms back on general sale. They have agreed to keep 10 rooms reserved until Friday 24 April when they will all go on general sale and you takes your chance

There are a lot of 'haven't booked yet' on the running list -

Gentleman - You have a week !

The forum pre reserves 50 odd rooms.

Now that it's closer to the time, and only 25odd rooms have been reserved by each individual, the rest are now going back out to the public.

So as long as you've phoned up and confirmed a room, you are fine.

• Like 1

C

Now that it's closer to the time, and only 25odd rooms have been reserved by each individual, the rest are now going back out to the public.

Thanks Matt

Yes if you have a reservation then you are good to go. This is a reminder to anyone sitting on the fence

• Like 1

I blame you for the shortage Matt - bloody Japfest traitor :p

• Like 1

I blame you for the shortage Matt - bloody Japfest traitor :p

:lol: My bad.
  • Like 1

Yep they can just can't be on the 'Official Drive' so to speak. Have even done a trophy for the 'Most Wanted Car' at the Show & Shine which is basically if you didn't have your car which one would you want from the ones on show and that's open to any forum member attending in a Zed or not :#1:

So, purely in theory, what happens if a non-Zed car joins the official drive? Let's say they tag along at the back, don't drive dangerously or otherwise in a manner unfitting of the club, but are clearly keeping up with the group on the basis that they want to enjoy the drive as well?

Now, I know this looks HUGELY guilty on my part now for asking this after my last comment, but I'm honestly just curious. I have no intention of joining you guys & gals as I think we're at a wedding that weekend, I just thought it might be worth exploring to know the possible 'punishments' should this ever happen. Warning point? Ban? Lifetime ban? People have been banned before but that's because they drove like a knob. You mention the reason for the non-Zed rule is because of the Club insurance, which is perfectly understandable, but at the same time I can't see the drive out being cancelled just to prevent the limit being breached.

Actually, what does the Club insurance cover on a drive out? I'd guess not a lot, since everyone would be covered by their road policies anyway. Probably a non-issue on that one.

Sorry, quiet afternoon at work, my mind's just running everywhere. Feel free to split the thread and move to a separate thread to stop drift here.

No worries - I'm the organiser them's the rules so play nicely or don't play at all :p

Don't you just love a dictactorship ?

In reality - Its an liability insurance thing that Papa Smurf drummed into me - I don't have the policy details but that was good enough for me. From that I would deduce if there was an incident where the clubs policy could be invoked - I would imagine that the tricksy insurance companies are likely to declare null and void if there was a sniff of a non Zed being on the road as part of the event. You are probably better dropping a PM to Graham for the full details.

• Like 1

That's the thing, if they're not invited then they're not part of the event, but if they're a member of the club then it's all going to get a bit interesting. I don't think the insurance covers road events anyway, only static ones so a non-issue there really. As you say, Graham would know though.

Dictatorships are the way forward my friend, the fewer consenting voices the better! :D

So let's assume the insurance thing is covered one way or another, would a joining non-Zed be formally punished on here?

Without the need to reference insurance cover or various rules put in place over the years, limiting the event to zeds is a common sense requirement for an event such as this. But I do completely understand your question Dan and its one that is asked every year.

Wales is always a popular event that is heavily subscribed and involves considerable planning given the number of people involved. Limiting the event to zeds is therefore common sense. However, this year the numbers are less so one could argue let other cars in. But in its simplest form Wales is designed as an event exclusively for forum members with zeds. Allowing other cars moves it away from this.

In its current form it is zeds only for this year. But it is fair and right to have the discussion on the forum to see if that should change going forward, but then it would become a different event. Ultimately we are trying to ensure Wales as an event continues on each year but if that format changes then so be it, that could be a good thing or possibly not, it may have to change with the times, but this has to be planned, agreed, organised and supported by those concerned and those organising the event.

Hope the above makes sense in my rambling sentences

It does matey, thanks :)

Tbh in previous years I had been a little peeved that non-Zeds are banned from the event as I would've like to go, but also it seems a bit daft that you could have people that have done so much for this community in the past that would also be unable to attend. Right now that includes Colin, Keyser, SMD etc, and I think that's a shame. That was a while back though, and I've grown up a little bit since then. Only a little, mind ;)

Having said that, I do fully understand the stance taken and completely back you guys on it. There's lots of other events for us non-Zed owners to attend, for example. I just wonder what would happen if I did get bored, feel the need to create a bit of confusion, and rock up on the day and tag along to the back of a convoy. I would never do it as I've too much respect for everyone here, it's just a 'what if?' kinda thing, y'know?

Yep they can just can't be on the 'Official Drive' so to speak. Have even done a trophy for the 'Most Wanted Car' at the Show & Shine which is basically if you didn't have your car which one would you want from the ones on show and that's open to any forum member attending in a Zed or not :#1:

Technically ANY car can be on the 'official' drive seeing as it is on a public road that is not closed to the public :headhurt:

Re the insurance.

It covers the 'club' at venues and in no way covers the drives.

The cover is limited to 50 cars. Due to the popularity of the event in recent years it has been over-subscribed and the team took the decision that only members with 350/370 ZEDs would be allowed. But if the maximum were not reached then other ZEDs (up to the max 50 cars total) would be allowed.

There has been an occasion when the drive from Chester was compromised by boy racers darting in and out of the official entries, no doubt having acquired the routes posted on the public forum. That is no longer the case and the routes are conveyed by pm to stop that activity that did us no favours at all.

Now whether the numbers are such that consideration is given to other members without ZEDs taking part is a matter for Mudman. From my experience the drives are better managed by the lead cars when broken down into groups of 10 or twelve as anything above that number becomes more difficult to spot who is at the rear and that is bearng in mind ZEDs are quite distinctive. Add with other marques/models and it becomes less manageable. Obviously we can't stop cars joining but if they act like tits and are members then yes expect forum membership to be terminated. But as I said, the the Club's insurance does not cover activity on the public highway.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1