Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

• 2 weeks later...

After much shopping with Torqen this is what an Ark GRiP system looks like under the car. Also red Eibach ARBs. Green-ness from the grass underneath the car!

tumblr_npf3vtK3EL1t4owpgo1_640.jpg

tumblr_npf3vtK3EL1t4owpgo2_640.jpg

• Like 1

Cool, great to hear .......

Got to laugh at the way you describe the exhaust sound ..... No clue what Shirley bassey sounds like gargling malt wisky !!

And yes the infamous hiss at 18-1900 revs , seems every HR or 70 has this with aftermarket exhaust .

Mine hasn't : Motordyne XYZ downpipe with motordyne decats and HKS SSM rear exhaust = no drone or hiss.

Cool, great to hear .......

Got to laugh at the way you describe the exhaust sound ..... No clue what Shirley bassey sounds like gargling malt wisky !!

And yes the infamous hiss at 18-1900 revs , seems every HR or 70 has this with aftermarket exhaust .

Mine hasn't : Motordyne XYZ downpipe with motordyne decats and HKS SSM rear exhaust = no drone or hiss.

Then I give up :( .... Every car is different then !!!

Got my art pipes on now :)

Still a little rasp but probably 60-70 % less than before with the normal decats . So much nicer :)

Mini update: I'm taking the car back in to Horsham for a few adjustments to the tune:

• The torque falls off a wall below 4k, where the car feels gutless (this is all relative). It manifests itself as a lack of urge when you drop down to overtake until the revs climb. What would have been one cog on the old map is two on this map.
  • Gearbox fine tuning, plus fluid level check at the appropriate temps. (It makes a strange noise now and then, and doesn't always shift promptly).

Mini issues: its a never ending list of tweaks coming up:

• Rattle from ARBs somewhere. That's what it sounds like anyhow. A knocking/rattle at low speeds when the car rolls over a bump
  • Fix a little bottle round the stillen coolant bottle overflow pipe. Don't want that dripping down into the wheel well.
  • Move the ambient air temp sensor to a better place (i.e. not right behind the oil cooler).

Project ideas:

• Either sell the Frozenboost type 101 air-water intercooler or figure out how to fit the bloody thing without damaging the crash bar.
  • Make a divider to separate the oil and steering radiators from the air intakes like this thing that swiss370z did on the US forum
  • Play then win the lottery and buy a Ferrari 488 GTB :D That thing looks amazing.

ps. I figured out a way to normalise the data between dynos so that I could see whether the torque difference was significant (as a trend, rather than an absolute comparison). It looks like this:

tumblr_nosornrzsX1t4owpgo4_r1_640.png

Edited by dajw

Mini update: I'm taking the car back in to Horsham for a few adjustments to the tune:

• The torque falls off a wall below 4k, where the car feels gutless (this is all relative). It manifests itself as a lack of urge when you drop down to overtake until the revs climb. What would have been one cog on the old map is two on this map.
  • Gearbox fine tuning, plus fluid level check at the appropriate temps. (It makes a strange noise now and then, and doesn't always shift promptly).

Mini issues: its a never ending list of tweaks coming up:

• Rattle from ARBs somewhere. That's what it sounds like anyhow. A knocking/rattle at low speeds when the car rolls over a bump
  • Fix a little bottle round the stillen coolant bottle overflow pipe. Don't want that dripping down into the wheel well.
  • Move the ambient air temp sensor to a better place (i.e. not right behind the oil cooler).

Project ideas:

• Either sell the Frozenboost type 101 air-water intercooler or figure out how to fit the bloody thing without damaging the crash bar.
  • Make a divider to separate the oil and steering radiators from the air intakes like this thing that swiss370z did on the US forum
  • Play then win the lottery and buy a Ferrari 488 GTB :D That thing looks amazing.

ps. I figured out a way to normalise the data between dynos so that I could see whether the torque difference was significant (as a trend, rather than an absolute comparison). It looks like this:

tumblr_nosornrzsX1t4owpgo4_r1_640.png

Can't wait to see the frozenboost go in can't see it without flipping the bar at least tho

That's not too bad a list ! Suspensions sounds link Arb links .

Dom , on part throttle as in keeping a constant speed does yours have a slight hesitation to it ? Like you're slightly lifting off and on the throttle a little ?

Yes absolutely. I'd describe it as a nervousness to it. Its fine if you are going or not going, but just keeping up with traffic with light throttle has this nervy feeling to it. I wonder what causes this?

I've spoken to jez about it and it's turbulence in the induction side around the maf sensors ..... He's going to have my car for a week soon and do some R and D on it , to hopefully cure it . It's the only thing that I want I sort out really . I'm going to whip off the bumper when I get a chance and make up some shielding for the air filter as I'm led to believe this might help the matter as well .

• Like 1

I've spoken to jez about it and it's turbulence in the induction side around the maf sensors ..... He's going to have my car for a week soon and do some R and D on it , to hopefully cure it . It's the only thing that I want I sort out really . I'm going to whip off the bumper when I get a chance and make up some shielding for the air filter as I'm led to believe this might help the matter as well .

I'll ask him about this also. I bet Nick would be interested too.

What do you make of the shield between the hot oil cooler and air intake as per swiss370z did? Looks sensible.

• Like 1

Haven't seen that ......

But mine is all different as I've ( h- dev ) have had to relocate the air filter to the other side of the bay . It doesn't have a shroud around it though and I did get one with the stillen kit , so will try and squeeze it in. Do you have a link for the said bracket ?

The one that's the Swiss dude has made ...... Found the link to it but doesn't for some reason show me the pictures in the thread :(

You should have has a metal shroud / bracket that goes around the air filter ....well at least mine came with one . Yours might be different as you have 2 air filters and only have one .

Also had turbulence mine switches to speed density to cure this is smooth as a baby

Charge temps on the other hand dam I've just been out and I'm hitting ians safe map easily which is set around 60ish degree's :(

This is where the ecutek maps are alot better than the uprev imho . You can't even get a temp sensor put in to inlet as you have Nic that will work with the uprev :(

Jez did say something about phoning uprev about a sensor of some sort.

You need that frozen boost on mate , flip the crash bar , get someone to Ali weld the tow eye back on .