Reggie the Stillen supercharged 370z

dajw

The exhaust is on. The cats are not (will sell them). Drove the car quite gingerly on the way home as its wet and not tuned in but the new sound is awesomeosaurus on wheels!

SPL end links for the front are on, the backs had the wrong size bolts so will have to be exchanged. The Eibach ARBs are on and the car is already more lively in the wet.

Todo:

Quaife ATB Differential

Mishimoto oil cooler

Oil pan spacer thing I got from Adrian today

New spark plugs (40,000 on the clock already)

Retune by Jez and the map for the gearbox.

Replacement SPL end links for the rear (omg the stock ones are most flimsy)

Massive thanks to Adrian, Darren and Mike (gosh I hope I got the names right-I'm so slow with names).

Looking good with the exhaust :)

How come the decats didn't go on? The fear of it being to loud?

The car already had test pipes (decats) on. Just some 2.5" tube with brackets and a sensor port.

What I didn't put on is the Berk HFCs (High Flow Cats) because everyone there said the supercharger would destroy them in about 2,000 miles of use. Plus-it would sound better as decat.

I have to say I do like the sound! It is a bit loud but not overly so. Let's call it "purposefully loud" it has a decent burble at idle, it settles down to a "quite a bit louder than stock" in the cabin at cruise speeds (I mean here like maintaining 50mph through the M3 roadworks) and as soon as you add any power (even a bit) we are back to "purposefully loud". I got some awesome pops and crackles on overrun and downshift too (the car still runs rich).

I noticed a much louder supercharge whistle under load than before.

I'll report back when I've seen Jez on all of it. The exhaust system needs adjusting for position, and has to come off for the diff work anyway - perhaps the mounts are bad or touching to transfer the sound into the cabin (it is awfully close to the diff: one of the join flanges is 1-2mm from the diff jack point)

Nice to meet you today Dominic, knew you wouldn't be disappointed with the Ark :) You nearly got their names right, it's Captain Haddock, Darren & Tin Tin :D

Nice to meet you too :)