*** TORQEN *** 350z TORQEN S Coilovers

Adrian@TORQEN

350z TORQEN S Coilovers

The TORQEN S Coilovers are fully height adjustable and the ride height can be increased as well as decreased from the standard. Springs are constructed from SAE-9254 cold-wound steel and are protected by a high strength surface coating in black. Each kit is fully height adjustable from stock height to up to 50mm lower. Dampers are monotube design. TORQEN S coilovers are damping force adjustable with 30 settings to choose from the dial.

In the kit:

4 x suspension dampers

4 x SAE-9254 cold-wound steel springs: Front 180mm 12kg; Rear 230mm 10kg

4 x damping force adjustment knobs

2 x high strength aluminium rear rubber joint mounts

2 x high strength aluminium front rubber joint mounts

2 x vehicle height adjustment spanners

2 x brake lines holders

Available to buy here: http://www.torqen.uk/350z/suspension/coilovers/1652-350z-torqen-s-coilovers-trqz33s.html

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-01.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-02.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-03.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-04.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-05.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-06.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-07.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-08.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-09.jpg

TORQEN-350z-S-coilovers-10.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound a bit silly as its my first time at every purchasing suspension components however I noticed the front and rear are adjustable.

Do the dials come through the rear strut so they are adjustable or do I need to purchase extenders?

P.S Really interested in that review... :)

Edited by CJRamze

Extenders are £25 extra.

Graham is doing many other jobs on the car, fitting rear camber arms, droplinks and Brembo calipers, it will be a little while before all is done and the geometry done to test them properly. PM him if you want, coilovers are already on the car.

Well, no one has PM'd me and I finally have some time to write a few words having done some miles on the new setup. You can see the fitting and how the car looks now on my build thread on P26

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58750-how-to-smurfadise-a-zedsplitter-repair-p27/page__st__500

Firstly, as someone has mentioned this already, I haven't yet fitted the extendable rear adjusters.

Anyway onto the important part, initial thoughts at installtion were if they perform as well as they look then I'll be a happy bunny, Keyser and Bob who fitted them agreed they did look well engineered. No serious problems with the installation other than the usual obstinate Nissan bolts!! After much banter from Bob who celarly wanted me to "slam" the old girl we settled on a drop of 20mm all round, I have 19 inch wheels (no spacers) and there is absolutely no rubbing and no need to have the rear arches rolled which I really wanted to avoid. On the drive home from the Zed Shed I decided to take the A31 and have little play, nothing too arduous as the 4 wheel alignment hadn't yet been done but it was clear the car felt much improved and far more confident in corners, it was pretty good previoulsy as I have adjustable Motordyne ARB's fitted.

Since then I have had the 4 wheel aligment carried out at Kaizer Motors, the rear camber is now -1.4 both sides (was over -2.0 both sides) and is bit more than I prefer so I'm going to have adjustable rear camber arms fitted just to preserve tyre wear a bit more.

I've had a chance to push the car a bit now and I'm really pleased with the overall outcome, I have the damper setting at exactly half way between hard and soft for the time being, there are 32 clicks or notches between soft and hard, pleasingly those clicks are easy to feel through the adjusters. In summary the car feels a lot more sure footed and balanced in corners and I'm looking forward to getiing on some local B roads with a slightly harder setting. All in all money well spent as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, Graham, great review! Please report back once all the adjustments on your geo have been completed and you had some proper play with them on the Appledor ring :lol:

As of today, all the kits come standard with rear adjustment extenders, photo added on the first post.

Has anyone tried or compared these against the similarly priced BC racing Coilovers? I'm going to be purchasing a new setup this week or next and I must admit, these look fantastic but I'm not sure just how good or bad they would compare against BC's version.

Sorry for the noob question, I wouldn't be too sure on what to look for but basically, I only want them for road use with very occasional track day use

To adjust the rear damping you can do with the provided adjuster as in the photos, but you need to take the strut plastic bits off. Yes, I can get you a set of extenders, they are £29.

For roadster owners, the extenders can be positioned under the hood for the roof, nice and out of the way but easy to access.

Also, looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Fairlady-350Z-370Z-PB-Coilovers-Suspension-Damper-Kit-/281230976883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item417aac2773

These seem to be your exact spec aswell. What are the differences between your product and theirs?

They have 30 different settings, same materials etc.

(P.S I'm not slating your product btw, I WANT to give you my money, I'm just trying to work out the differences)

Also, looking at these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item417aac2773

These seem to be your exact spec aswell. What are the differences between your product and theirs?

They have 30 different settings, same materials etc.

(P.S I'm not slating your product btw, I WANT to give you my money, I'm just trying to work out the differences)

Not much difference in terms of features I suppose. The ebay ones are more expensive than the TORQEN ones, £579 + £60 (delivery) + 20% VAT + customs/duty/handling fee = approx £800

• Like 1