THE TYRE WAR IS OVER

Ekona

No need for the arguments over summer or winter tyres any more folks, Michelin have solved all our problems!

PH linky

New CrossClimate tyre, has all the grip of a summer tyre but is snowflake approved as well, so clearly competent in the cold as well. For the Zeds the 18"s are coming next year, and it's a middle of the road tyre so expect FK453 level grip, feel and wear rates.

• Like 3

It has the summer performance if you're driving a derv Golf, I wouldn't want to push the M6 or even a Zed on them, however. Just run summers all year round, winter aint that bad anyway :lol:

+1 with you on this Kyle. Never a fan of these rob Peter to pay Paul products. It's a solution for the masses and not the purist.

• Like 2

It has the summer performance if you're driving a derv Golf, I wouldn't want to push the M6 or even a Zed on them, however. Just run summers all year round, winter aint that bad anyway :lol:

Yeah I always run summer tyres all year round and have never had a problem.

I don't drive like a tool in winter though.

Yeah I always run summer tyres all year round and have never had a problem.

I don't drive like a tool in winter though.

this is exactly it - ifI drive anywhere when the temperature is close to freezing or there's any kind of dampness on the roads I know there is less grip around and drive accordingly. Plenty of trackdays in wet and near freezing conditions have taught me a lot about summer tyre performance (or lack of) in less than perfect conditions!

really looking forward to the temps warming up now, looking forward to being able to drive my car properly again :thumbs:

• Like 1

I run 888s all year round with no issue, so whilst it's not a product I'd ever consider using there are a billionty and one people on here who keep refusing to see the light regarding the MPSS and just want FK453 levels of performance, and these people are usually more likely to swap to proper winters as well. For them, this is ideal.

For the rest of us real men, we're fine on the good stuff ;)

• Like 2

I run 888s all year round with no issue, so whilst it's not a product I'd ever consider using there are a billionty and one people on here who keep refusing to see the light regarding the MPSS and just want FK453 levels of performance, and these people are usually more likely to swap to proper winters as well. For them, this is ideal.

I don't refuse to see the light, I just point blank can't afford to pay £800 + on tyres :lol:

I don't refuse to see the light, I just point blank can't afford to pay £800 + on tyres :lol:

Think they are done to 600ish for the 50 now. As 19's for the 70 are 800.

Think they are done to 600ish for the 50 now. As 19's for the 70 are 800.

Yup, it annoys me that 2 years ago I put Kumho KU39s on the zed for what is MPSS money now :(

• 1 month later...

I'm very confused.

This thread is about Michelin Cross Climates. They're not available in the sizes you mentioned, as per my link. I don't know who Nic is, but your link doesn't go anywhere near a post to help me.

I just want to know what you bought! :lol: