vq35hr engine and gearbox price drop

tony420z

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been a while since I sold the same complete package that you have on offer as it is not a straight forward swop dropping the HR into a DE as you also require to swop out the radiator, condenser, front carbon composite front panel, hoses, and coolant tanks, air boxes etc. etc.

You also have to fabricate some loom work.

The last 2 HRs that I have dismantled I sold all the parts separately, bare block, engine ancillaries, gearbox, clutch, fly, loom, fuse boxes, keys, barrel, and ECU etc.

Unless you find some one that requires the complete package, then unfortunately I think that you may struggle to find a buyer.

Selling separately will take time, however I feel that is the only way to achieve the residuals that you are hoping for.

Good luck.

Alex. :)

Just out of curiosity And I hope I'm not out of touch asking here but it's related.. how much would it cost for a new de engine? Or does that really depend on where you go and who you know. It's something that's always played on the back of my mind with my car being an 03 (I know there are probably people with much higher miles cars than mine)

I could always ask this elsewhere poorly curiosity

Matt

Just out of curiosity And I hope I'm not out of touch asking here but it's related.. how much would it cost for a new de engine? Or does that really depend on where you go and who you know. It's something that's always played on the back of my mind with my car being an 03 (I know there are probably people with much higher miles cars than mine)

I could always ask this elsewhere poorly curiosity

Matt

I reckon 1200-1500 delivered depending on mileage ......not including the box though

Talk about crashing someones FS thread :dry::thumbdown:

If the seller wants to advertise something for a said value & you think it's to much, then simply click away or PM. If the right buyer comes along & is willing to pay the advertised price then thats upto them.

I personally think some of the traders on here sell parts & services at a much higher price than I'd be willing to pay for but I don't go crashing their threads saying what I think they should sell for.

Perhaps a MOD could remove some of the above posts??

• Like 3

Try some of the kit car forums. A few guys bought them for projects a few years back. I would also list it on eBay and keep running the ad until you get some offers. :thumbs:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

It has been a while since I sold the same complete package that you have on offer as it is not a straight forward swop dropping the HR into a DE as you also require to swop out the radiator, condenser, front carbon composite front panel, hoses, and coolant tanks, air boxes etc. etc.

You also have to fabricate some loom work.

The last 2 HRs that I have dismantled I sold all the parts separately, bare block, engine ancillaries, gearbox, clutch, fly, loom, fuse boxes, keys, barrel, and ECU etc.

Unless you find some one that requires the complete package, then unfortunately I think that you may struggle to find a buyer.

Selling separately will take time, however I feel that is the only way to achieve the residuals that you are hoping for.

Good luck.

So when you sold a complete hr package how much do they go for ?

Not trying to crash a for sale thread, simply trying to assist the OP get a sale with constructive comments as it is obvious that there appears to be little interest as a package and as I have been down this route, I thought that I would share my experiences.

I refrained from posting the price I sold mine for in the past as that would be detrimental to the OPs asking price.

Tony, quite happy to give you that information by PM.

• Like 1