Audi TTS 2.0 Quattro?

Fluke

I have been toying with the idea of moving on from my 350z to a 370z, but am also considering an Audi TTS 2.0 Quattro; purely from a practical viewpoint as some times I could do with have 4 seats.

Does anyone have experience of owning or has driven the TTS that would care to share their thought on it?

you have good taste ! also seriously considering both

You will enjoy these videos

Very tempted with an auto TTS , some nice figures with APR remap

Torn between TTS and 370z

More comments from anyone who has driven TTS and 370 please !!

The seats in the back of the TT are shocking so I would only consider this as a 2 seater , the passenger in the front will have difficulty in getting in the car with a passenger in the back

Edited by jollyranchers

I sat in the back of a TT when Gill took one for a test drive. Barely had enough leg room behind her, she's 5' 1", and I needed not to have a neck and torso, so was sat at an angle. 2 seats maybe for very small children, but a massive hassle getting them in and out. As a 2 seater it's hard to fault though.

I am 5'10" the back seats can be used but they are not good for long journeys, people with bad backs/necks, its cramped. The boot is ok but would struggle to get a large suitcase in one.

Cabin is a much, much nicer place to be than the Z, the magnetic suspension does make a difference but dont think my dad ever uses it as he has back pain sometimes (work related). Engine and gearbox (dual clutch) are brilliant, lovely noise, few pops and deep tone for a 4 banger. Gives you that turbo torque shove back in the seat when you floor it. Steering does not give as much feedback as the Z. Servicing aint that bad unless the gearbox goes. Standard 350z or tts, I would go for the TTS but looks wise its got enough to differentiate it from standard tt but not as much presence as the Z.

Guy at my work has a TTS and its quick. We've still to have a 'go' to see which is better, power or less weight but I have tried to outrun him on a wet corner...he was right up my backside, way ..way more grip with the Quattro system. I think the better looker is the 370Z but if you need over all - like go somewhere in the snow, nice cabin, better fuel economy and still fairly rapid performance the TTS would be better lol...as much as I hate to say that lol

I suspect the TTS was sold in fewer numbers than the 370 was ;)

If you want to drive then stick with the 370. If you want more of a cruiser with the ability to be tuned up to silly BHP but with a much better interior, get the TTS. Personally I'd pick up an older V6 TT with your gearbox of choice, as they sound absolutely glorious on full chat and won't be any slower in the real world than a 370, and probably quicker if the S Tronic 'box is there.

Thought the TT was more a 2+shopping, even the A5 coupe barely as room for rear passengers :blush:

yup useless rear seats -

http://www.thetrutha...012-audi-tt-rs/

http://www.caradvice...ad-test/photos/

A5 is ok for rear room, I have had my dad and brother who are both over 6 foot in the back comfortably. Its not a saloon amount of space but its certainly no worse than your average hatch.

The TT on the other hand may as well not have 2 seats in the back, my mate has just got rid of his Mk2 3.2 v6 TT in the last 2 weeks. I am only 5 10 but you need to sit leaning forward or your head it bouncing off the roof. Or sit at an angle and bend your neck. Putting anyone in the back of a TT means they wont like you :lol:

That being said a guy I play football with has the TTs but I haven't been in it on the move. Sounds good with the DSG spitting through the gears :thumbs:

but to put it into context... I considered a TTS but they were too expensive at the time. The TTS has not very much in terms of reviews and is considered not the best for fun handling and a bit dull... the 350 however, has magazine, net reviews galore and all I could see was 4-5/5 stars everywhere! I'm glad I got the Z. So half and half, depends what you want. I'm already craving my next car and to hell with 'practicality' and cost. I've been looking at it for a while now and still little bit away but not too far lol. ;)