Harness bar / brace

Martin_t5r

Is it sad I just want one as it looks cool? Not going to run harnesses but would love the look of that covered in alcantara :)

If it bolts to the OEM seat belt mounts does that not mean that you have to run bucket seats and harnesses?

You still can use the STD seatbelts, this uses the same fixing point, but goes behind, like a big washer :)

• Like 2

Right guys, sorry for the belated update. Reason being I dont come bearing the updated pictures just yet.

Reason being on fitting back with all the plastics in place, grant wasnt 100% happy and wanted to make a few tweeks to his jig before hand, so he has the one he modified again on my last visit, and I shall return after that.

To stop one side of the harness from sliding down, he has added 'tabs'?

DBDC6377-B864-4EA5-B13C-B7D4E95B1F1A_zpsa74h1tvr.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good.

Do think it needs a little work though if you want it to be properly functional and follow regs with regard to harness mounting angles etc. I know your not racing but I would want it to follow those regs as close as possible for safety.

Difficult to judge from the pics but it does look like the bar sits a bit high above your shoulders, so the harness wouldnt be horizontal.

http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35754

Looks good! Reference the harness; one is located to the left of the 45 degree abutment and the other to the right? Each held in place by welded lugs?

Yes thats righ matet, looking at the last picture, one strap being to the left of the 45 bit, and the other on the angle, held in place by the lug

Looks good.

Do think it needs a little work though if you want it to be properly functional and follow regs with regard to harness mounting angles etc. I know your not racing but I would want it to follow those regs as close as possible for safety.

Difficult to judge from the pics but it does look like the bar sits a bit high above your shoulders, so the harness wouldnt be horizontal.

http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35754

Cheers, and it sits within 10 degrees of the top of the seat which is deemed acceptable by the MSA :)

not sure how your going to fit a harness where you have a large steel pipe in the way , as harness attach directly straight behind the seat as below if there at an angle chances are your going to slice your neck open in a crash

11080946_10155613028470508_6880781988867467095_n.jpg?oh=d4c73702746fbc47291f680879bd2ba7&oe=55BD6185&__gda__=1437759123_b3bed459f1791c3bec3f9f048dd10088

Edited by StevoD

not sure how your going to fit a harness where you have a large steel pipe in the way , as harness attach directly straight behind the seat as below if there at an angle chances are your going to slice your neck open in a crash

11080946_10155613028470508_6880781988867467095_n.jpg?oh=d4c73702746fbc47291f680879bd2ba7&oe=55BD6185&__gda__=1437759123_b3bed459f1791c3bec3f9f048dd10088

Like mentioned before, each strap goes either side, and with the height its within the 10 degrees that the MSA require...

AD4E87AC-8543-468A-9008-A333E833586A_zpsyvr6wlwz.jpg

maybe its the image but looks like your going to be nearly 70-80 degrees not 20

70-80? Looking at the above picture (the MSA standards one). Side view of the seat, if the bar was exactly horizontal in the middle of the preffered range, that is 0 degrees yes? Well this example is slightly higher than the 0 mark, but within the 10 degrees tolerance, and still in the preffered range. Like your picture posted is not horizontal either, but still within the 10 degree tolerance but the other way.

Where do the harnesses mount/strap on to? As it looks like they can just slide about.

They would wrap around the bar. They will not slide about as the x part will secure stop one sliding, and the other strap is stopped by the lug near the window side :)

They would wrap around the bar. They will not slide about as the x part will secure stop one sliding, and the other strap is stopped by the lug near the window side :)

I've probably just misunderstood this as I'm finding it a bit difficult to picture in my head but what's to stop them sliding in the opposite direction(s)?

Right guys, I have spoke to grant.

The reason he hasn't included the little loop things is simply because it doesn't need them. When the harness is done up properly it will not slide along the bar away from you.

But obviously it seems most prefer the loops to be there, he said he can add those in at no extra cost. He may weld them under neath however to help with the aesthetics :)

• Like 2