SGS TAILGATE STRUTS..... QUERY

Iron

Ordered mine only the other week and arrived within 2 days, perfect fit too.

I ordered the uprated ones due to having a bigger spoiler

What date did you order yours? Would be interested to see whether it was before or after my order date.

Guys, the GB that someone else organised (which I took over due to an unfortunately times holiday on their part IIRC) was a absolute nightmare. This was an order of somewhere in the region of £400, possibly more, with a really minimal discount, was something like 5 or 10%. They messed me around for about a week solid with who I should even be sending the money too, then delivery took at least another 3 days to arrange.

I have used their struts on my Celica, and on the 350 and when the items do turn up they're perfect, no issues on either vehicle, you just sadly have to deal with their poor pre-sales team to get there.

As a sub-note. Never EVER agree to do a GB with them! Took up far to much of my time for a teeny-weeny discount.

The struts you need for your Zeds are either;

These for no spoiler at all

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/nissan/350z/nl1749-nissan-350z-tailgate-boot-strut

These for what we mostly have with the little lip

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/nissan/350z/nl1751-nissan-350z-tailgate-boot-strut

Or these if you have a Nismo spoiler. These are probably good for most any other kind of spoiler too

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/nissan/350z/nl1750-uprated-nissan-350z-tailgate-boot-strut

if they start asking you to send your old ones in just refuse. The struts above and the standard kit of nuts and bolts that they supply are perfect, they were for me and then other members who participated in the GB.

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 2

13th Feb, ordered over the phone and took 3 days to arrive if I remember correctly

Ordered mine only the other week and arrived within 2 days, perfect fit too.

I ordered the uprated ones due to having a bigger spoiler

What date did you order yours? Would be interested to see whether it was before or after my order date.

Just a follow up, my ones will be sent out today to arrive on Monday, and they would have been with me now but I did make a small mistake when I ordered... I ordered one, not two :lol:

They called to say that they must be fitted as a working pair unless one had failed past it's warranty etc.

I have ordered mine huh more than month ago. Till today after bunch of e mails exchanged nothing has arrived.

I was waiting for first shipment for 28 days as i was told that it takes Royal Mail that much. After 28 days they send again but until today nothing. Usually things shipped from UK to Croatia (with Royal mail) come no more then 5 days time. So from my side not so good experience

Edited by Snjur

Don't know why so many people are having a downer on SGS

I have always found them more than helpful, :thumbs:

Because other people have had other experiences. Obviously. :huh:

What experience have you had with SGS or are you talking out of your ass as usual..!!! :scare: :scare: :scare:

What experience have you had with SGS or are you talking out of your ass as usual..!!! :scare: :scare: :scare:

I have experience of reading this thread. That's enough for me to come to the informed opinion that people who aren't you didn't have the same experience as people who are you.

You, and a few others, had a good experience. A few others did not. You stated a lack of understanding of why people were saying they didn't have a high opinion of SGS despite the fact that you do; I clarified that point to alleviate your confusion. You're welcome.

I'm certain at least one of us was talking out of his "ass" as usual though. ;)

• Like 4

that's if they remember to send them with the brackets and ball joints! mine didn't so had to ring them. 4 weeks after install one of the struts broke where the retaining clip locks the ball joint in. they sent me a new end for the strut, just unscrews and new one put back on. but I have noticed a problem which I think will happen again! The ball joints are not quite right, the shank that holds the ball is to thick so when the boot lid is fully up I can see the cup lip is hitting the shank just before the strut gets to its maximum lift. I really could do with knowing a company that could re-gas my original struts but so they are stronger so I can put them back on!

Interesting. Mine failed in the same place, just as I was closing the boot a week or so after installation. It obviously fully extened, at a fair old rate just, as the lid closed. Luckily there's just a small mark left on the tail light plastics and not a load of paint missing. Sh1t myself at the time mind :lol: Before anyone asks, I didn't fit them, it was done right, by a pro!

Though I did fit the replacements that SGS sent (albeit with one bit upside down at first :blush: ). Been fine since I switched them the right way round, touch wood. The customer service process was ok.

Installed pair few month ago,order delivered within few days.Fitted without any problems,old struts had to come out completely.The only strange thing happened after I fitted them my boot doesn't open first time now when press the button! Hell knows why! Now thinking of doing penny trick to rectify it,as springs are refurbished by one of our forum members half year or so ago and never had any problems since then,but now it reappeared! Strange!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a group buy set up last year. I think Flex and cs2000 were involved. Sgs were only prepared to give a modest 10% discount for 10 or more buys. From what I can remember the whole process was nothing but bother from start to finish. All the issues were from SGs's end ( you can also see issues from previous comments in this thread). Think you would be better just ordering what you want yourself.

I bought a pay of struts a couple of weeks ago from sgs. Had no problems with ordering and i got them the next day. One thing that was stupid with the web site was that you can get free delivery if you spend £50. The struts came to £49.50. So i called them and got straight through i said why have you put these on at this price and not get free postage. he said use ncode x1 on the search. This comes up as a bolt thats 70p. So i wacked this on my order. Wam Bam free delivery.

I got a call from them about a hour later asking why i bought one bolt and asked if i made a mistake. so i told them. They laughed and said fair play.

The staff i spoke to seemed friendly and the struts are great.