Curing 370z Ultra Lazy Throttle Response

Dynamic Turtle

As per the title are there any methods of improvement the snail’s pace throttle response on the 370ZN without spending £400 on a remap and even more on a lightweight flywheel? Is that D1Spec widget the answer? How does it work, is it worth the hassle and is it a viable long term solution?

Absolutely hate the fact that the engine basically won’t rev in neutral! It feels like a diesel VW.

You could try the D1, but I took mine out after a few months on the 350. Yes, it does what it says, but it's so binary with it that it actually made the car worse to drive.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you just need to learn to push the pedal down harder. I had to with mine, and when it kinda clicked it was so much better. Perseverance, my old chum.

You could try the D1, but I took mine out after a few months on the 350. Yes, it does what it says, but it's so binary with it that it actually made the car worse to drive.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you just need to learn to push the pedal down harder. I had to with mine, and when it kinda clicked it was so much better. Perseverance, my old chum.

Well I have been stamping the pedal pretty hard and it's nothing like my (admittedly, Uprevved) 350z. The Apexi controller appears to have several "modes" - maybe on of them is smoother than the D1 effect you describe?

The D1 had multiple modes as well, but they all pretty much ruined the driving experience for me.

Don't get me wrong, they're great at first and do exactly what you want, but then ultimately as you learn the car and gain confidence a twitchy throttle can really upset the balance.

The D1 had multiple modes as well, but they all pretty much ruined the driving experience for me.

Don't get me wrong, they're great at first and do exactly what you want, but then ultimately as you learn the car and gain confidence a twitchy throttle can really upset the balance.

I find the upRev map 3 to twitchy the 2nd map is enough it all gets a bit jerky after that in relation to your comment of unbalancing the car

Edited by nissanman312

As per the title are there any methods of improvement the snail’s pace throttle response on the 370ZN without spending £400 on a remap and even more on a lightweight flywheel? Is that D1Spec widget the answer? How does it work, is it worth the hassle and is it a viable long term solution?

Absolutely hate the fact that the engine basically won’t rev in neutral! It feels like a diesel VW.

Did you test drive? I'm baffled how anyone can be so down on these awesome cars! It's beginning to sound like you regret your purchase. :)

Edited by sipar69

Did you test drive? I'm baffled how anyone can be so down on these awesome cars! It's beginning to sound like you regret your purchase. :)

No way mines awesome I love it

Don't regret it quite yet (let's see just how fast it depreciates though). It just needs the usual suite of powertrain mods to really make it sing, not really any different to the 350, which is a lot more fun with a zorst and hfc mods. The nismos chassis is sublime, it is faster and more stable at speeds but it has some serious issues with rev laziness, tyre roar and silent exhaust that needs addressing, imho.

Should also say that we know exactly what Nissan are capable of producing - just look at the gtr. So when they release a vehicle with a Nismo badge of course it's disappointing when it sounds like an asthmatic hairdryer and revs like your mums diesel. Clearly if spend a literally more on some choice mods it becomes the car it should've been. Sadly a Nissan warranty and pcp is restricting my options somewhat...

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

So when they release a vehicle with a Nismo badge of course it's disappointing when it sounds like an asthmatic hairdryer and revs like your mums diesel.

The most accurate description of the Nismo 370z on this website so far :lol:

Edited by octet
  • Like 1

Octet were all big boys here and know what the 370 concept is capable of and we also know that corporate envirosocial retard-yank bull often gets in the way of an amazing thing (fuse 22 anyone?). So it is with the 370N. So let's not pretend it came from the factory all perfect because it simply didn't. £2k remedies all that.

Anyway, would be very grateful if you could source one I just hope it's as effective as you claim...

So when they release a vehicle with a Nismo badge of course it's disappointing when it sounds like an asthmatic hairdryer and revs like your mums diesel.

As opposed to twin turbo charged hair dryer covered in super glue and driven through Halfords. ;)

• Like 2

As opposed to twin turbo charged hair dryer covered in super glue and driven through Halfords. ;)

I understand, don't worry... Let's speak again after you drive my car :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Octet were all big boys here and know what the 370 concept is capable of and we also know that corporate envirosocial retard-yank bull often gets in the way of an amazing thing (fuse 22 anyone?). So it is with the 370N. So let's not pretend it came from the factory all perfect because it simply didn't. £2k remedies all that.

Anyway, would be very grateful if you could source one I just hope it's as effective as you claim...

Sir Turtle :lol:

Apparently one guy was selling this kit here, but it was so damn good he changed his mind after fitting it :lol:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79526-not-available-anymore-370z-apexi-smart-accel-controler/

I can however get you one at £235 shipped via TORQEN

Adrian

I understand, don't worry... Let's speak again after you drive my car :lol: :lol:

(This is not a joke) I'd be scared to drive that beast. I get told off for by my better half for my driving now. Imagine the trouble I'd get into in yours. :)

£235 is a bit too much - think I'd rather pay another 165 and have a proper uprev at Abbey, they can sort about a dozen other jobs on the car at the same time too. £150 is a more sensible price for a cable and £3 box of of pcb to be honest...

Edited by Dynamic Turtle