Issues with clutch kit change? ?

buckland

Hi Guys,

Recently changed the clutch in my 350z but now experiencing 'juddering' when pulling away in first gear. Think I made the mistake of not changing the fly wheel as well.

Should both be changed at the same time?

Have new flywheel now as well, just hoping It has not damaged the new clutch in anyway.

Thanks Ben

you could always try asking the supplier of your clutch about a warranty claim. I would`nt want to strip it all down and replace the flywheel and then put the old clutch back that you know is juddering. At least fit a new center plate if you have to buy it yourself mate.

Yeah I realise now that I should have done both together.

What trouble did you have with yours bradders?

I have both a clutch kit spare, and a fly wheel so might have to strip it down again and see if there is any visible damage. I unsure if it was the clutch or the fly wheel causing the juddering?

Thanks

I think that you may have answered your own question here.

Techniclutch is a trading name for NCD (National Clutch Distributors)

Unfortunately they are known for supplying cheaper non compatible Exedy parts in Exedy boxes

Exedy UK are aware of this practice, however they appear to be reluctant to get involved.

The only way to know for sure is to compare the part numbers stamped on you old clutch kit with the one fitted as the parts look similar.

I have these numbers saved some where, and as you will have guessed by now, I have had similar issues with NCD.

Always good practice to swop the fly at the same time as the clutch, however I do not think that is your issue.

• Like 3

As Alex says, theres a reason why they can sell their Exedy kits so cheaply. They are not the same as others are supplying

Alsways wise to buy from a registered genuine company that is authorised to sell said product, otherwise it will just come back to bite you in the ass ;) Edited by grundy225
  • Like 1

Authorised resellers have the approval of the manufacturers, without that you won't get a warranty. Most of the traders on here have that, so I'd use one of them for sure when you replace it (Tarmac Sportz, Clarke motorsport and cougar store are definitely authorised resellers :) )

Authorised resellers have the approval of the manufacturers, without that you won't get a warranty. Most of the traders on here have that, so I'd use one of them for sure when you replace it (Tarmac Sportz, Clarke motorsport and cougar store are definitely authorised resellers :) )

Just to be a pedantic PITA (I know, me?!), but that wouldn't matter here as the SOGA would override any manufacturer warranty at this point. Really, they're pretty much useless as your contract is with the person who sold it to you, not who made it. If it's non-compatible, then you are due a refund.

But yes, I would only ever buy parts from a reputable dealer in this country: You only get bitten once to learn from that mistake.

Just to be a pedantic PITA (I know, me?!), but that wouldn't matter here as the SOGA would override any manufacturer warranty at this point. Really, they're pretty much useless as your contract is with the person who sold it to you, not who made it. If it's non-compatible, then you are due a refund.

But yes, I would only ever buy parts from a reputable dealer in this country: You only get bitten once to learn from that mistake.

I just think - Take this as an example.

Customer buys a stillen product from tarmac, issue with said product, customer rings tarmac wants refund/replacement. As tarmac is a licensed trader for said brand, he would I guess have a good relationship with said brand and will be able to contact them and arrange something.

Scenario B

Customer buys stillen product from Grundy's Gizmo's (Great name I know ;) ) issue with said product, customer rings Grundy's Gizmo's wants refund/replacement. But because I'm not getting my stock straight from Stillen, and getting them from somewhere else and selling them cheap to get my sales in, I either now have to out of my own pocket give this guy a refund/replacement orrrrr just tell him to do one.

I think that makes sense anyway :lol:

so why does vodafone send my phone back to sony to get repaired

or Pc world send my tele to samsung when it is faulty ?

this isnt a dig ekona im curious :lol:

Scenario A

Customer buys a stillen product from tarmac, issue with said product, customer rings tarmac wants refund/replacement. As tarmac is a licensed trader for said brand, he would I guess have a good relationship with said brand and will be able to contact them and arrange something.

Scenario B

Customer buys stillen product from Grundy's Gizmo's (Great name I know ;) ) issue with said product, customer rings Grundy's Gizmo's wants refund/replacement. But because I'm not getting my stock straight from Stillen, and getting them from somewhere else and selling them cheap to get my sales in, I either now have to out of my own pocket give this guy a refund/replacement orrrrr just tell him to do one.

Pretty much, but it's really like this:

Customer buys product, product turns out to be faulty. Customer returns product.

Trader then gives refund or sorts replacement. He then becomes the customer with whoever he purchased it from: That may be the manufacturer, or it may be another supplier. They then have to refund or replace, and so on and so forth.

They cannot tell them to do one, unless they're crooks and can hide from the law.

• Like 1

They can send it to whoever they want, ultimately it's their responsibility to get it sorted.

Scenario A

Scenario B

Pretty much, but it's really like this:

Customer buys product, product turns out to be faulty. Customer returns product.

Trader then gives refund or sorts replacement. He then becomes the customer with whoever he purchased it from: That may be the manufacturer, or it may be another supplier. They then have to refund or replace, and so on and so forth.

They cannot tell them to do one, unless they're crooks and can hide from the law.

so basically an appovred retail can turn the issue around quickly with the manufacturer

and a non authorised dealer will take longer as will have to get shipped down a supply chain

Edited by StevoD

Not really, no. Approved trader really only means who is prepared to pay the most money for the right to say that, it doesn't mean that your service as a consumer is going to be any better ;)

explain?

let say i buy from driftworks some Wisefab kit who deal directly with wisefab driftworks arrange for the collection to be send to wisefab in norway

now lets say

i buy a power by max kit from the a company in the uk who bought them from a company in the US who bought it from a manufactuer in the USA

How can the turn around time with the long supply chain be faster than that who deals directly?

the parts has got to be sent to the UK shop then they have to send it to there contact in america who then has to send it to the manufacturer?

how can that be quicker than