House selling thread :)

steve916

Revised offer accepted today, so I guess we have officially sold within 4 days :)

Any of you guys know a rough estimate on removal company costs?

Contents of a 3 bed house, 40 min drive to new house.

Used these guys to get from surrey to cornwall http://www.trekremovals.com/ and they did a great job at a great price. £1680 for a two day move of 225 miles

Their website seems to be down, or they're no longer trading :(

I hate moving house. Last time I moved, I had so much stuff the only way to do it was to buy the new house before selling my old one, then slowly move all my project cars/motorbikes/gym equipment & house contents over bit by bit over a period of a few weeks. Endless amounts of trips back & forth. I guess I could have hired a 2 or 3 articulated lorries & done it in one weekend, but i dread to think of what that would have cost.

Then my old house struggled to sell as the property market was dropping. Ended up having 2 mortgages for 6 months until the old house sold.

Im planning that my next move will be my last, but it will take me a good few years yet to save up before I can afford to buy somewhere like I want.

• Like 2

Price will depend on what you are after.

If you pack yourself- costs are reduced, but then be sure to check the detail in the Insurance wording.

Your Estate Agents should be able to guide/reommend you for local removers, as should Google :)

• Like 1

Revised offer accepted today, so I guess we have officially sold within 4 days :)

Any of you guys know a rough estimate on removal company costs?

Contents of a 3 bed house, 40 min drive to new house.

Used these guys to get from surrey to cornwall http://www.trekremov...removals.com/�� and they did a great job at a great price. £1680 for a two day move of 225 miles

Their website seems to be down, or they're no longer trading :(

http://www.trekremovals.com

try this link

Be careful with the really cheap quotes where you tell them how much stuff you have without them coming to your house to quote. They will turn up on the day your moving and tell you its more than you said and you need a bigger lorry so its going to cost more. As its the day your actually moving your stuffed unless you go along with them.

I had loads of companies chasing me after i went on a sort of comparison moving site. People offering to move me to cornwall from surrey for £600 and we all know that`s never gonna happen....lol

Pickfords wanted about £3500 so trek at £1680 were a good deal. Lanes were about £2200, Britannia were about £2300

Edited by gsexr
  • Like 1

My house move was flawless, in case anyone is interested.

Lorry turned up at half eight, packed by half nine, got the call at eleven to go get the keys. Picked them up from the solicitor, who bizarrely happened to be one of my very first girlfriends at school, and we were in by twelve. I popped out quickly to pick the other cars up, and Jo managed to lock herself out of the new house in the meantime. Thankfully the previous owners left a window open and the neighbours had a ladder! :lol:

We've now got the basics done (all TVs up, internet everywhere, food in the fridge!) so it's just a case of unpacking a box at a time. Overall it was a very smooth sale and purchase, so I feel incredibly lucky it all went so well. My cats are not so impressed, they're pretty much terrified right now, but I'm hoping they'll get better as they get used to the place :)

• Like 3

Glad it all went well Dan :)

We had another viewing of our new house today. Signed lots of papers, chose carpets, and got told about our free entertainment package. A 42" tv, a Bose sound bar and an iPad air 2. Not a patch on your TV Dan, but we already use a 55" in the lounge, so it will be a welcome second tv :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When i moved i ended up leaving about £300 worth of AV cabling in the wall from where I had my telly wall mounted and had all the cables sunk into the wall and plastered over top. Was a right pain having to do all the same at the new house. Still, gave me an excuse to get a bigger telly. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well finally we have exchanged contracts with a move date of 15th April :)

Seemed to take for ages but it's actually only been 6 weeks.

Our original buyer pulled out 2 weeks into it so had to sell again.

Can't wait now.

• Like 3

The cats know something is going on when they see changes around the home. Keep them in for a while when you move, they will adapt and have each other. All the best with the move and all goes to plan. :) :)

We don't have cats :D

Thanks for the best wishes

• Like 1

Congratulations on selling and buying your lovely new home :teeth: I hate moving house but I love it as well. The run up to it is so stressful and moving day isn't exactly fun but once you've unpacked and got the beds up for the children, found the kettle etc it all starts to seem worthwhile!

• Like 1

Humpy, how slowly did you drive the removal van? :scare:

Anyone would of thought I was driving the van to the otherside of the world :lol: The house was also meant to of been a month turn around. Still traumatised by it all :lol:

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well we've finally moved :)

All went pretty smoothly really, apart from removals guys scraping the wall, and our 3 seater sofa not able to go up the stairs to our lounge.

But, Bovis to the rescue. They will get their decorator to come in next week, and today they erected scaffolding up the front of our house, removed the Juliet balcony and using a fork truck, lifted our sofa in through the French doors :)

• Like 4