Spacers

Harryjax

• 2 weeks later...

I went 25mm front 20mm rear

What's the reason for having wider spacers on the front to the rear?

Is there any benifit in handling?

When I was looking at getting spacers and springs I went to see a zed belonging to a member from here and that's the set up he had and to me it looked just right with the 25/20 combination, can't really compare the handling to before the springs and spacers were fitted as I'd only had it for a few weeks (not many miles) before they were fitted but since fitting the handling feels great to me when I get chance to hit the loud pedal, on the twisty country lane she feels planted :)

• Like 1

There is a well known issue with 20mm spacers on the front, if keeping the OEM studs that because of their length do not not allow the OEM front wheels to seal squarly on the spacer.

To be brutally frank I found little difference in the 'feel' with or without spacers and the 370 handled fine around Knockhill with 25mm all round. But would agree they do more for the stance rather than the handling.

• Like 1

25mm all around. At least if you keep it square any adverse effects shouldn't be an issue since you've increased the track on both front and back by same amount.

I've got 25mm all around and it looks great. I went for eibach. Great quality. Last spacers I used were made from a machine shop and the loctite wasn't great

• Like 1

Ref Colin above - I could be wrong I thought it was 15mm that caused the issue on the front and 20mm was OK :shrug:

I do know you can get an issue on standard 370 wheels though which will be what he is referring to I can't be sure anymore though as I have different wheels on now.

It does make a difference to the look - I just lowered mine and had Jez at Horsham do a 4 wheel alignment - I was way out - now he has set it up though she drives like a dream again.

I notice no change in the handling with or without the spacers though.

@ Harryjax - as I said at the meet I have a set of 20mm on the wall in the Zed Shed if you want to try them and you can borrow a 25mm of mine as well if you just want to see what it looks like.

You know where I am ;)

• Like 2

@ Harryjax - as I said at the meet I have a set of 20mm on the wall in the Zed Shed if you want to try them and you can borrow a 25mm of mine as well if you just want to see what it looks like.

You know where I am ;)

Thanks Chris.

I remember mate. I will pop down as soon as I get some free time. Life is manic at the moment.

Say hi to the family.

• Like 1