Going to the USA, any parts worth buying out there?

JoshC

Firstly, sorry for the influx of threds today :blush:

Random one but spending 3 weeks in Florida in May, will be at the in laws Villa so I have the address to ship stuff too, are there any parts only availble or chepaer n the US for the 370 that might be worth ordering for delivery to the villa to bring back with me? Obviously would need to fit in a suitcase? :)

Cheers

Josh

and have a value of less than £390 if you don't want to pay VAT when bringing it back into the UK :)

Is that the limit per item or of the overall value of goods? I'm planning to do my usual and take almost no luggage with me and stock up on clothes for the next year while I'm there but can always just rip off the tags and claim they were with me on the way out anyway ;)

Bit more difficult to do that with car parts though :lol: Not looking to buy expensive parts anyway, was just thinking of some smaller cheaper mods :D

Why not get your stuff delivered to the villa and then ship back to UK by USPS or similar.

You will require to complete a Customs declaration despatch note CP72.

Simples.

Alex. :)

Would that work out any chepaer than just ordering direct from the US to ship to the UK though?

HFCs are good ones as they fit in a suit case. Everything else of value is quite big so will be awkward with customs.

I like that idea, any ideas where to look on US sites for some?

GTR Start Button $25 instead of £52

I've actually just bought one for myself from a user on here for £30 but if I could get a few of them it may be an idea to bring some back and sell on here...

Why not get your stuff delivered to the villa and then ship back to UK by USPS or similar.

You will require to complete a Customs declaration despatch note CP72.

Simples.

Alex. :)

Would that work out any chepaer than just ordering direct from the US to ship to the UK though?

HFCs are good ones as they fit in a suit case. Everything else of value is quite big so will be awkward with customs.

I like that idea, any ideas where to look on US sites for some?

GTR Start Button $25 instead of £52

I've actually just bought one for myself from a user on here for £30 but if I could get a few of them it may be an idea to bring some back and sell on here...

https://www.z1motorsports.com/

:)

• Like 1

What about a V8? :lol:

Yup was just gonna say the same. Save yourself £3k on UK prices.

:lol: :lol: What do you think the excess bagage charges would be? :blush::lol:

Funny you say that. I was in America June/July last year, and was going to bring back the Sikky kit with me via Virgin. It was like £50 to bring back almost what I liked, as long as each box did not weigh over a certain weight. Okay so you'd have to break up the engine into smaller boxes. But it could be done fairly cheaply. Although I'm sure the tax man might have a little word in your ear on arrival.

the block would weigh over 20kg though wouldn't it? or is that weight increased?

20kg would go in one box - simples. You get up to 25-30kg with additional baggage I believe........

Cancel that you're allowed 32kg and no more than 10 bags, otherwise it goes Cargo.

£40 per additional Box/Bag. Job done! Fly Virgin and bring back an Island :lol:

Funny you say that. I was in America June/July last year, and was going to bring back the Sikky kit with me via Virgin. It was like £50 to bring back almost what I liked, as long as each box did not weigh over a certain weight. Okay so you'd have to break up the engine into smaller boxes. But it could be done fairly cheaply. Although I'm sure the tax man might have a little word in your ear on arrival.

Don't Virgin do their own Sicky Kits :shrug:
  • Like 1

Don't Virgin do their own Sicky Kits :shrug:

:tumbleweed::doh:

Bring me back an aerojacket type 3 spoiler please!

That's the 1 spoiler I was actually looking at for myself! I love it from certain angles but then I see it from the side on view and think it just looks too big! Still looking for a perfect one! :(

Sadly too big for luggage anyway me thinks! :lol:

If you have a 2009 zed then get the navtool from there to connect a reverse camera

I've got a 60 plate with the connect plus so guessing that's of no use to me? Is there an equivalent for the 2010?