Does your other half really appreciate you?

The G Man

Today I was a very busy boy. Three of my rather sketchy tradesman skills were brought to the fore.

Electrical: Replaced an outside light fitting (not just a bulb but a brand new fitting, replacing a recent storm damaged one, in freezing conditions I might add)

Joinery/ironmongery (?): Replaced a letterbox, the old one had a sprung spring! (Again in freezing conditions, well the outside bit)

Plumbing/heating: Replaced a radiator that had too small an output from it in my daughters bedroom for one that will melt her bed. (Was inside so, warmer conditions)

This was after walking the dogs, part tidying my garage, because I was looking for the tools to do the other jobs (in freezing conditions, heating in there next on the agenda, after I've finished the raised flooring in my loft to accommodate the thicker insulation, been clearing and working on that for two weeks)

Counted it up: Callout charges for the three separate trades, probably @ £200 with vat etc.

Labour, roughly 3hrs @ £50 + VAT = £180.

So around £380 saved, plus no mark up for materials, another £30 or so.

So when I asked what was for dinner.......... Can you not just get a take away, I'm going to the badminton!!!

Appreciated to the max!

Settled for watching the rugby and having a drink! She can order the carry out when she comes back, that'll teach her.............oh wait, I'm starving :)

Am I alone in my desire for some appreciation?

• Like 8