New stealth speed cameras

Kev T

These are on allot of the new gantrys around the newly widened section of the M25 near junction 19-25 (Waltham Abbey/Enfield/Potters Bar/St Albans)

They are obvious enough to spot provided that you are paying attention

700 people caught in 2 months really isn't allot when you look at the number of people using that stretch daily

Edited by 350Chris

These are on allot of the new gantrys around the newly widened section of the M25 near junction 19-25 (Waltham Abbey/Enfield/Potters Bar/St Albans)

They are obvious enough to spot provided that you are paying attention

700 people caught in 2 months really isn't allot when you look at the number of people using that stretch daily

That's surprising as you say. I would have expected at least another Zero on the end.

As the article claims, 9 drivers out of 10 admit to speeding, apart from Dan of course ;)

I'm just glad the M40 isn't listed for insertion of these pests. Probably as there's hardly any gantries on the M40...... but still I'm sure they will spend a complete fortune erecting them to cash in on those who will flaunt the speed limit.

• Like 1

I thought they weren't allowed to use "stealth" camera's and they had to be those big brightly coloured boxes?

You can't really call them Stealth cameras when there are bloody signs everywhere warning that there are cameras.

I thought they weren't allowed to use "stealth" camera's and they had to be those big brightly coloured boxes?

You can't really call them Stealth cameras when there are bloody signs everywhere warning that there are cameras.

That's why I put it in quotation marks, because I was quoting the term :p

Still thought they had to be wearing high vis.

I speed, I just don't do it in stupid places like motorways and dual carriage ways. Common sense, innit.

I don't know about that, ...apart from the speed cameras etc I'd say motorways & dual carriageways where probably the safest places to go fast imo.

E.g: much larger field of view, more space, less road furniture, no pedestrians, no cyclists (motorways) etc. :shrug:;)