AEM or Syvec? That is the question.

VRRacing

Does anyone have experience with either or both of these ECUs? I know the Syvec is very good, the new AEM ECUs also looks very good, especially now they've gone away from the Gems system. There's probably about £200-£300 in it. Want boost by gear, nos control all that good stuff:) the AEM has cool video overlay stuff with can be dropped straight in to gopro footage. The Syvec has fancy iPhone apps and I can get a programable touchscreen for it for £400 which allows change of maps and setting and well as multiple gauges. It even focuses in on a graph when it hit custom set parameters like oil pressure or diff temps. I think I'm talking myself in to the Syvec as I type:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by VRRacing

Syvecs would be my choice - did a lot of research into it when I built "The Bitch" and decided that Syvecs had the edge as well as a plug n play loom solution (was a year or 2 back) but never actually got round to doing it and sold her still running the Haltech.

I base this opinion on nothing more than my own research and what others running both ECU's have said mind - Dan my tuner preferred the AEM but would have been happy to use whichever I went for.

Don't think that helped you much though :lol:

Edited by Keyser

Does anyone have experience with either or both of these ECUs? I know the Syvec is very good, the new AEM ECUs also looks very good, especially now they've gone away from the Jems system. There's probably about £200-£300 in it. Want boost by gear, nos control all that good stuff:) the AEM has cool video overlay stuff with can be dropped straight in to gopro footage. The Syvec has fancy iPhone apps and I can get a programable touchscreen for it for £400 which allows change of maps and setting and well as multiple gauges. It even focuses in on a graph when it hit custom set parameters like oil pressure or diff temps. I think I'm talking myself in to the Syvec as I type:)

Don't say that, I'm putting the GEMS EM80 in the Zed running the LS!

http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=em80

It's running a whole new Chipset.

Edited by Wasso

Syvecs :thumbs:

Does everything you need it to and more but does come with a heavy price tag. But should you be asking which is best, I'd assume money is no object :lol:

It will be in my shopping basket when I find a spare lump of cash lying around

The new AEM is a bit of an unknown but it does look good, plus Mapping the AEM wouldn't be a problem. In fact it looks pretty easy. Turns out that there's no real price difference between the two either. I'll see what price the Syvec comes in at.l:)

• 1 month later...