Stepping into the 350z world

Wrooty

Hi guys, in the next couple of weeks I'm going to be buying my first 350z 😊 I love the car and can't resist!

Im a bit nervy and old fashioned when it comes to mileage on cars, when looking at the adverts most cars

Are 100k miles +. I understand that it is an oldish car now but are there any maintenance problems I need to be aware of before I plunge into my pockets? Any common faults or things I need to be 100% on before I buy. I have read the sticky threads but there was no mention of high mileage problems.

Sorry if there is a sticky post I haven't read!

Many thanks!

welcome to the forum!

high mileage isn't a particular problem on these cars, so just the usual things really... full service history including belts and spark plugs when required, and check for clutch condition if it hasn't already been replaced.

other than that, happy zedding!

Wrooty, my Zed is currently sat at about 128,000 miles with no major issues at all, just the expected high mileage wear and tear (bit like me :lol:).

Regular servicing, getting the best tyres you can afford and running the right fuel (Super unleaded - preferably 98 octane and above) is a must. Make sure you ask "...so what fuel have you been running it on?..." type questions to find out whether they've been running it on 95ron.

Check the FAQ guide out for further info, it's full of useful stuff

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

I appreciate that many have cars on here with 100k miles plus. But to say high mileage isn't a issue is just wrong.

It will obviously impact future resale and the engine is much more likely to fail. The same as every other car.

Even big engined German diesels (535d, 3.0tdi) with 100k + are very difficult to sell and are £1000's cheaper than lower mileage equivalents.

It's fair to say that a z with over 100k miles is likely to have a few problems.

I remember when I first joined and a guy was trying to sell his "perfect" 100,000 mile 350z to every new member. I remember one guy buying it a the clutch failing on his journey home. If I remember right, it had other issues as well.

If you are buying a 100k mile car. Have it thoroughly checked over.

• Like 1

Brilliant, thanks for the replys guys. I'm not going to Rush into this sale, I want to get it right :) I will continue to look and investigate, I would really like the zeds on the old tax system, 55 and older so I guess all of them will have a good amount of miles on them. I will keep my eye out :)

Thankyou!

Brilliant, thanks for the replys guys. I'm not going to Rush into this sale, I want to get it right :) I will continue to look and investigate, I would really like the zeds on the old tax system, 55 and older so I guess all of them will have a good amount of miles on them. I will keep my eye out :)

Thankyou!

There a quite a few that have been used as second cars. Especially roadsters.

My car is a 55 plate and has 38,500 miles on it.

Edited by Kev

:welcome: Like all low mileage cars you will just have to pay a bit more as they fetch a premium.

As the motor trade will tell you there is no substitute for low miles. Doesn`t mean a high mileage jobby is bad but remember all of the car has done the miles not just the engine and you stand more chance of getting a good one if the miles are down.

Service history to back it up is always good :thumbs:

• Like 1

How serious is using the cheaper petrol? I've never owned a performance car, just a motorbike and I've never thought about using the expensive fuel!

Very important. You have to use super in a zed , it's designed to run on it :)

How serious is using the cheaper petrol? I've never owned a performance car, just a motorbike and I've never thought about using the expensive fuel!

As the other guys have said Wrooty, you must use Super unleaded in the Zed. Preferably 98ron and or above if you can get it (Tesco Momentum / Shell V Power).