Almost a Zed owner...

Hi

Hopefully in the next few days I'll be a Zed owner. I've got a few roadsters on my shopping list that I'll be looking at.

I have a budget of £7500-8000 and ideally I'm looking for an '06 model 300.

One question that I have- is there a big difference in how the car drives, comparing the 276 BHP models, the 300 and the 313 versions?

Thanks in advance for your comments

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

in terms of differences in driving between a 276, 296 and 313, they'll be small. the chassis, suspension, brakes, wheel sizes are all the same across all models, the only real difference the engine, and where the redline is. I *think* the later cars had a updated gearbox, but still with the same ratios and final drive.

• Like 1

You`d really need to test drive all 3 to see which you prefer. The engine in the 313 was redesigned and is 80% new over the older engines. Basically Nissan took it and did everything they could to get more power out of it. It has a dual ram air system which apparently gives it an extra 6bhp at speed, improved cooling around the block, longer stroke, 1000rpm higher rev limit over the older 276 model, and is even mounted lower in the chassis to improve handling. I seem to recall from the "whats new for 2007" brochure from Nissan that the 313 also had suspension mods to improve handling and a few other things.

Whether or not you`d really notice much difference on the road between them is debatable. Some say its like night & day the difference between say a 276 and a 313, others say the 313 is slightly better but not worth the premium price over the older models. I personally opted for the 313 model as I wanted the extra power. Some people go for the cheaper 276 then end up forking out for a different pendulum, exhaust, air filter then a remap and still dont get as much power as a stock 313 has. On the road I think they all pretty much handle the same so id just buy the best example you can find in your budget.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...