What do I do with Instagram

Grundy

Pretty much, its like facebook but only pictures lol people put interesting photos on. like what they have for dinner. :wacko:

I follow the F1 teams on it and Lewis Hamilton as usually there's some good pics :)

That's pretty much it tbh lol. I usually use Insta to put most of my pics online because it has some good tools and filters for editing your photos and you can use the app to automatically share your pics for Facebook too.

Whats your username on there mate, I'll add you

• Like 1

Instagram is, generally, for people who don't know how to take pictures but do think that putting an olde-worlde filter on it suddenly makes it a work of art.

So you're telling me I can be the new Van Gogh for free?!?!?

Instagram is, generally, for people who don't know how to take pictures but do think that putting an olde-worlde filter on it suddenly makes it a work of art.

That's a little pessimistic :dry:

It's just another platform serving content. Once you're tuned into (or following) people of interest, or you've mastered the art of searching using hash-tags, it yields results you won't find anywhere else.

Whilst there is a heaping load of crap on there, there's also loads of great content. Same goes for any similar service!

Not everyone has the money to buy expensive cameras and know how to properly use them and edit their photos. The filters on there are good to improve the appearance of a quick snap.

Not everyone has the money to buy expensive cameras and know how to properly use them and edit their photos. The filters on there are good to improve the appearance of a quick snap.

See, I disagree. A filter can improve a good photo, but it can't make a bad one good. I don't think it's about having a million pound DSLR, it's about being able to take a decent photo with whatever you've got. So many people just chuck a filter on instead of bothering to make their picture better before processing, that I gave up with the service.

The noise to signal ratio is just too high for me, but no doubting there's some talented folks on there.

Im another who has never seen the point of instagram. All the instagram pix any of my friends ever stick on facebook look like some 1970`s faded square polaroid picture. I really dont see the point in making my pictures look like that when ive a 10mb HDR (or whatever) HD blah blah camera on my phone which takes super awesome sharp pictures for me, and even take them in a "normal" photo ratio so I can view them on normal screens.

See, I disagree. A filter can improve a good photo, but it can't make a bad one good. I don't think it's about having a million pound DSLR, it's about being able to take a decent photo with whatever you've got. So many people just chuck a filter on instead of bothering to make their picture better before processing, that I gave up with the service.

The noise to signal ratio is just too high for me, but no doubting there's some talented folks on there.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, some people just can't even take a decent snap to save their life, they should be banned lol. But if you want to put on a quick snap and make some small alterations then its great for that.

Yeah, if people used it for that it would be great. Some people seem to massively over-process stuff though, making a good pic look awful.

I should probably point out that the reason I'm not on it is also because I take approximately one decent pic every 17 years :(:lol::

• Like 1

Yeah, if people used it for that it would be great. Some people seem to massively over-process stuff though, making a good pic look awful.

I should probably point out that the reason I'm not on it is also because I take approximately one decent pic every 17 years :(:lol::

I don't own a camera and I'm on it, maybe I'm part of the problem :lol:

• Like 2

The way I see Insta is it is a way of showing off about your life in a subtle way. You can make your life look fabulous without getting tagged in any awful drunk photos like another media sharing site.

'1989adamlee' if you want to see what my life isn't like at all :lol:

Edited by 370Ad