Best set up to copy nismo sound?

Bodyboarder81

Hi all

Just wandered what the best set up for creating the sounds of the nismo exhaust ? I guess the real nismos are hard to get hold of so want to replicate the sound as best as I can.

I have fitted Berks HFC , cobra y pipe and scorpion exhaust and find after fitting the HFC it's to raspy for me . I want to keep the HFC and add a new system .

I don't want drone , rasp

Resonated cobra?

Invidia Gemini ?

Miltek?

In people's experience would these be louder than my set up at the moment and not have the rasp?

If you don't want drone or rasp, then probably need to bin the HFC's as they will always add a little of these to the system. The only way round would be to go for Motordyne Art Pipes or HFC's with the resonators to eliminate Rasp like the Ark ones.

I think the Tanabe Medalion Touring is the closest exhaust to the Nismo in terms of sound and still available to import from the US.

The Berks are staying on whatever as they were a pain to fit and want the ( small) benefits they offer in bhp .... So I might not be able to eliminate the rasp completely but make it better .

As I said I experienced no rasp or drone with my set up using the Invidia Gemini & Berks but if you can stretch budget wise to the Ark system or Motordyne though that's what I'd do.

Not that the Invidia isn't good or loud it's just that the other two are probably going to be a tad louder so if that's what your after then that's the way I'd go.

My Invidia is plenty loud enough for me but then I have Berks De-Cats now which significantly changes it from the way it used to sound with the Berks HFC's I used to run. B);)

^^ Don't agree with all of that Paddy.

I used to have Berks HFC's with a full Invidia Gemini exhaust system and I had no rasp or drone at all. :thumbs:

Fair enough, maybe being a true dual helps with the flow? I get a bit of rasp with my Nismo, but nothing too bad once it heats up.

The berks will also soot up after a few 1000 miles which will help with the rasp.

• Like 1

I used to have Berks HFC's with a full Invidia Gemini exhaust system and I had no rasp or drone at all. :thumbs:

Fair enough, maybe being a true dual helps with the flow? I get a bit of rasp with my Nismo, but nothing too bad once it heats up.

The berks will also soot up after a few 1000 miles which will help with the rasp.

I think being true dual definitely helps with flow so could be why I didn't get any noticeable rasp, ...or my hearings f**ked. :dry::lol:

The sound always settles down after exhausts/Cats etc bed in which for some people is a blessing & others find it disappointing.

No I don't want a loud exhaust ....... A chap round the corner from me runs the Berks and invidia system and that's as loud as I would want to go ..... Maybe even a bit to loud .... That system did seem to drone a little but I think that was more the way he was driving it , putting his foot down in 4th 5th at around 2000rpm there was a cabin drone ....

I've got a milltek with de-cat and it doesn't give much rasp and there is no drone at all. It's quiet at motorway speeds but reasonably loud if you put your foot down. Seems the best of both worlds for me as I couldn't live with an extremely loud exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

Think it's between the miltek or invidia .....

Which one would be louder considering I have the HFC ?

And would both of these be louder or quieter than my Berks/cobra y pipe and scorpion system at the moment?

Cheers

I can't comment on the Invida .. . but since I had a Miltek, combined with HFC's its close IMO to a Nismo (nothing will be exactly the same) Graham, Dave and Will also had Miltek and HFC's. Great sound, you will always get a small about or rasp with HFC's but the louder the exhaust the more accentuated the rasp will be.

If I was to go again with a 350 and Exhaust I think I would go with a Tanabe Medallion, slightly deeper note than the Miltek

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just wandered what the best set up for creating the sounds of the nismo exhaust ? I guess the real nismos are hard to get hold of so want to replicate the sound as best as I can.

I have fitted Berks HFC , cobra y pipe and scorpion exhaust and find after fitting the HFC it's to raspy for me . I want to keep the HFC and add a new system .

I don't want drone , rasp

Resonated cobra?

Invidia Gemini ?

Miltek?

In people's experience would these be louder than my set up at the moment and not have the rasp?

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94321-fs-nismo-exhaust/

Your wish has come true, at a bargain price :)

• Like 1

You get nothing but the heavenly roar of all of heavens angels out of that thing :cloud9: