please read

Dalec123

Servicing and how the car has been looked after is far more important than mileage these days.

A 50k ragged on 95 RON will be far worse than a 100k car serviced with decent parts run on super unleaded.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 7

Wouldn't rely on mileage, look for one with good service history and evidence of using premium fuel.

There was a chap on here the other week with 211k miles and still on the original clutch!!

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

7k will get a decent car with an average mileage.

On a side note, can you please edit your original post and adjust the title of the thread to something relevant as threads like this get lost and people looking for help over look them also.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ask if its ok to put ordinary unleaded in.......if they say yes, then walk away!

Very good idea I wish I said this as well upon my purchase, although if the car has had a few owners then its hit and miss, another thing to look for is window wipers and the pride of ownership test, if he has owned the car for says a few years but cannot be bothered to change the wipers blades, plus the car has an average service history I would walk away because what else has he scrimped on.

Just be suspicious if engine bay looks band new with a once over at a jet wash this does not mean the car is a brand spanker :teeth:

Also check the cooling fans on both side are running like a turbine to keep that sweet lump cool, slow or stuck cooling fans are becoming a common theme as the test of time is bringing this to light.

P.s Nissan want £700 to replace so CHECK

Edited by chrisday1990

Servicing and how the car has been looked after is far more important than mileage these days.

A 50k ragged on 95 RON will be far worse than a 100k car serviced with decent parts run on super unleaded.

Yep, a well looked after car will always come out top even if it has higher miles.

im guessing a few members on here do there own servicing, i know they do on the mkiv.net forum... if this is the case any potential buyer wouldnt be able to see paperwork but i doubt this would put them off.... i know most club members go above and beyond whats required to keep their pride and joy in tip top condition, to OCD standards on occasions...lol