Early Xmas gift ....NOT

kingrob

Did you get any witness statements and if so the old bill should be interested because failing to stop at an accident is illegal and if people were trying to stop him he must have known what he was doing.

People like him should be dealt with more strongly than they are but the old bill dont tend to care once its over to the insurance unless of course he was speeding in the car park :lol:

Hope you get it sorted painlessly and quickly :thumbs:

looked at the car today spent 8 hours removing pasti dip from bonnet it does not like the cold ( hands covered in blisters now )

the damage is not to bad at all i think the bumper is going to have to changed and maybe bonnet and the iner wheel arch has had some clips broke not sure if it needs to be replaced Again lol

new.jpg

looked at the car today spent 8 hours removing pasti dip from bonnet it does not like the cold ( hands covered in blisters now )

the damage is not to bad at all i think the bumper is going to have to changed and maybe bonnet and the iner wheel arch has had some clips broke not sure if it needs to be replaced Again lol

new.jpg

I wouldn't have done anything to the car until the insurance assessor came to see it

and the police had completed their inquiries..!! :surrender:

Had a similar but not quite so bad thing happen to me with my type r, van reversed and smashed his tow bar into my bumper and did a runner outside a shop on the way to work one morning. Passer by gave me his reg and I followed it up the the police. They weren't interested and said its just a cracked bumper, didn't even bother going to see the van driver. So never got it fixed through his insurance as the police never built a case. But got hit with increased insurance for 3 years despite never making a claim just because I had reported it to his insurance it showed up on the database, well p***ed off. Would have been better just getting revenge as I found out where he parked at nights and at least then would have had some satisfaction.

Hope you get on better

I would be asking the police what they are going to do about it

It is an offence to leave the scene of a vehicle accident

If you leave the scene of an accident, the police can charge you with the following offences:

• fail to stop after an accident
  • fail to render assistance
  • failure to exchange names and addresses
  • fail to report an accident to a police station if no other person is present at the accident.

Edited by gsexr

• 2 months later...

Ok after almost 3 months '' the Third party has now admitted liability'' i have the feeling the witness statement and the police arresting him last week might of helped.

But now his insurance company are disputing the quantum what ever that means they have asked for alot more images and want RT performance to give a full break down step by step of costs and a pre forma invoice !!

i have a feeling this is going to take a bit more time i am almost to the point of handing it over to a claim management company taking the courtesy car and all that crap and let them have a massive bill over the one they have been offered which is cheap main dealer wanted like 5k RT are under 2k and they are disputing it!!!!

Edited by kingrob

But now his insurance company are disputing the quantum what ever that means

This basically means they are questioning the actual damage inflicted at the time of the incident. This should, in theory, be something that's fairly easy to "prove" (as such) provided sufficient evidence of the damage was collected prior to repair work starting, i.e. plenty of photos showing the damage and no discrepancies between the photos, claim details and repair bill (hence the break down for the bill too). In theory it shouldn't hold up progress a great deal.

In practice though, it may be another story.

Good luck with it all.