Useless parcel delivery companies

steve916

It's 3 days before Christmas what do you honestly expect?

Better service than that.

I'm under no illusions that the delivery drivers have a hard time and are under a lot of pressure to get parcels delivered. Still no excuse to do what they do though.

Unfortunately this doesn't just happen around Xmas time for us. It's throughout the year.

If I offered that poor level of service to my customers when I'm under pressure, I don't think I would have a job.

Parcel mix ups I can understand happens at busy times such as now, and as long as it's rectified then I accept it can happen, but not being bothered to even ring a doorbell, instead throwing the parcel over the gate, isn't on.

We get this all the time from the Yodel driver, just knocks on the door window (we have a bell) and leaves the parcel in full view on the doorstep. You could make a fortune just following the guy around for 1 day!! By the way, this lot won't be bothering anyone again:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30602326

One of our neighbours had a Christmas hamper delivered by City Link recently.

They just dumped it on the door step and left, one of the local dogs ripped it apart and

ate most of the contents. :scare: :scare:

Not anymore '2,700 Jobs At Risk As City Link Collapses'

One of our neighbours had a Christmas hamper delivered by City Link recently.

They just dumped it on the door step and left, one of the local dogs ripped it apart and

ate most of the contents. :scare: :scare:

Not anymore '2,700 Jobs At Risk As City Link Collapses'

No more than they deserve..Total bunch to to55ers...!!!

We had an account with them once, and the amount of time we found

they had tried to double bill us for the same job, they should have gone years ago..!!!! :rant: :rant:

As I said on FB, I feel sorry for the people but I won't shed any tears over the company departing.

No sympathy here either, this company have been around for years and were one of the first big players in this market, they could have cleaned up to a certain extent but were lazy and sat on their laurels for too long. They were a customer of ours for some time and to be quite honest it was painful, on top of that they have sustained substantial losses for the last few years and have swallowed £40 million in the last 18 months or so from new investors!!! Do feel sorry for the staff of course but it must have been a complete buggers muddle for them to go into administration on Christmas Day!!
  • Like 1

By far the worst company i dealt with was APC overnight i bought an item from a seller on here and it was a nightmare to get it

they claimed to have tried to deliver at 23.59 on the day it was due then for 3 days told me it was on the van and it would be with me by 10 then 12 then 16.00 after waiting for days i was slowly starting to lose my temper so i told them i would drive to the depo and pick it up myself to which they replyed you can't there is a bomb scare the building has been emptied. At the same time the seller contacted them to be told that their driver has been rushed to hospital.

When i got there they were all in the office no police no bomb teams i went in to the office and had a few words within 5 mins the guy went out the back and got my parcel it had not even been loaded on a van!!!!

Edited by kingrob

Bit harsh Will as 2700 people look like they're out of work. I appreciate that you may have had bad experiences with them, but maybe a little perspective needed. :)

I do feel sorry for the staff, but they are mostly self employed, but I totally agree with all above..

They were a complete useless bunch of lying to55ers..!!! :rant: :rant:

• Like 1

City link are horrendous no wonder they went into liquidation, I sent a broken laptop to get fixed, the courier said his scanner wasn't working on pick up. I didn't think Nowt of it till 4 days later had a email from Hp saying they still haven't received the laptop.

Contacted city link no joy as they was no record of collecting it.

• Like 1

Bit harsh Will as 2700 people look like they're out of work. I appreciate that you may have had bad experiences with them, but maybe a little perspective needed. :)

I do feel sorry for the staff, but they are mostly self employed, but I totally agree with all above..

They were a complete useless bunch of lying to55ers..!!! :rant: :rant:

Were self employed, now unemployed!

This whole self employed thing needs sorted out, not just for couriers but also cleaning staff etc too. It's LITERALLY just a method for employers to have staff but never pay them holidays, sick or overtime. It is quite possibly the biggest scam to hit employment in the UK in my lifetime.

City link are horrendous no wonder they went into liquidation, I sent a broken laptop to get fixed, the courier said his scanner wasn't working on pick up. I didn't think Nowt of it till 4 days later had a email from Hp saying they still haven't received the laptop.

Contacted city link no joy as they was no record of collecting it.

They managed to "loose" £1,500 of our CCTV equipment by saying they delivered it to our office

and produced a "scribbled illegible signature for it", it was only when I went to their city office which

wasn't far from ours with CCTV evidence that NONE of their couriers had been to our office that day

and threatened to sue them for the loss, that the miraculously found it in their warehouse, or the driver

hadn't managed to sell it down the pub yet... :rant: :rant:

Quote from a ex-employee of City Link... :scare:

"Undoubtedly there were many good (as in;- conscientious) people working for s**tty Link, in their franchise I had the misfortune to work for them a few years ago, If this is anything to go by I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has. Just about everyone who worked there was on the fiddle and didn't give a flying f**k. The management were very well aware of the nicking that was going on and some were even in on it. Stuff (mainly PC systems, Laptops any electronic stuff ) they were even getting nicked to order ! ".

Quote from a ex-employee of City Link... :scare:

"Undoubtedly there were many good (as in;- conscientious) people working for s**tty Link, in their franchise I had the misfortune to work for them a few years ago, If this is anything to go by I'm surprised its lasted as long as it has. Just about everyone who worked there was on the fiddle and didn't give a flying f**k. The management were very well aware of the nicking that was going on and some were even in on it. Stuff (mainly PC systems, Laptops any electronic stuff ) they were even getting nicked to order ! ".

Saw a program on tv quite a while ago ( undercover type), and it showed employees stealing stuff and even laughing about smashing boxes on the floor containing tvs. I dont think it was City Link but Im sure theres probably a few companies that are in on this kind of behaviour.

• Like 1