Useless parcel delivery companies

steve916

Start of rant.

I've been waiting on a delivery from Amazon to arrive. I got an email from DPD yesterday saying my delivery slot would be between 12.06pm and 13.06pm.

It got to 14.30pm and I was wondering where my parcel had got to.

I went to the DPD tracking website and entered my parcel number. I was presented with a photo of a house and a close up photo of a front door. This was apparently where my parcel has been delivered to.

I tried contacting DPD as I didn't recognise the house in the photos. Their offices were closed but an automated message told me that my parcel had been delivered at 13.05pm to postcode LL......

It's in bloody Wales!

Nothing against Wales. In fact I love the place, but it's hundreds of miles away from me, and I want my parcel.

We also have had a lot of parcels recently, where we just find a card pushed through the letterbox saying nobody was at home and could i rearrange delivery. My wife is at home everyday. These delivery drivers can't even be bothered to ring the doorbell, instead just putting a card through and running off.

We even had one totally ignore the fragile tape stuck all over the parcel, and he threw it over the gate, smashing the contents. My wife rang and complained, and got another parcel sent out the next day. The driver rang the doorbell this time. My wife answered and the driver said "Did you get the parcel I put over the gate yesterday?", to which my wife replied " Yes, you smashed it thank you very much". The driver apologised and walked off red faced.

So, now I'm waiting for DPD to ring back and then they can go and get my parcel from Wales and deliver it to me tomorrow.

Rant over :)

This is the worst I've had, along with a note in the porch, "two parcels under Nissan". It was a day late and they didnt even knock. These days I get all my Amazon stuff sent to the nearest Collect+ place. Only round the corner and I've not had a problem since.

1534820_10154691227020405_4500546401009905329_o_zps7c250437.jpg

This is the worst I've had, along with a note in the porch, "two parcels under Nissan". It was a day late and they didnt even knock. These days I get all my Amazon stuff sent to the nearest Collect+ place. Only round the corner and I've not had a problem since.

1534820_10154691227020405_4500546401009905329_o_zps7c250437.jpg

Your front lip looks like it needs a re-spray there mate :lol:

I do think it's more the individual personnel rather than the companies themselves, but some really are bad. I've heard plenty of stories about Yodel and Hermes drivers just dumping parcels in strange places and damaging contents, but thats the sellers fault, as they never requested a signature on delivery and therefore the underpaid drivers are going to "deliver" the parcels how they see fit.

The other week I had Royal Mail or maybe it was ParcelForce deliver a parcel to me for the house across the road, I assumed because there was no one in. Then 30 seconds later the man from across the road comes over to pick up the parcel :lol: Apparently the driver never even knocked his door!

Well this is really strange.

Heard back from DPD. They said to contact Amazon. I contacted Amazon and they said they would contact the seller on my behalf as they don't actually handle the parcel themselves.

Whilst waiting for the seller to contact me, Royal Mail just delivered the parcel I have been waiting for.

A few minutes ago DPD rang me again to apologise about what's happened. I told them my parcel has actually now been delivered and I don't know what parcel DPD should be delivering now.

They said they probably just got totally muddled up with my email address somehow, and I shouldn't have received an email from them.

Fills you with confidence doesn't it.

At least I've got my parcel now.

Glad you've received your parcel :thumbs:

We get two or three deliveries a week from DPD and have had no problems with them.

Generally speaking, most of them are pretty good out here.

Worst thing is if they arrive early (can't remember the company) you have to wait around for a couple of minutes for your "slot" before they release your package! :bang:

Glad you've received your parcel :thumbs:

We get two or three deliveries a week from DPD and have had no problems with them.

Generally speaking, most of them are pretty good out here.

Worst thing is if they arrive early (can't remember the company) you have to wait around for a couple of minutes for your "slot" before they release your package! :bang:

Nearly had to send you on an errand to track my parcel somewhere in Wales :D

Yes, I'm glad I've got it now

• Like 1

Well this is really strange.

Heard back from DPD. They said to contact Amazon. I contacted Amazon and they said they would contact the seller on my behalf as they don't actually handle the parcel themselves.

Whilst waiting for the seller to contact me, Royal Mail just delivered the parcel I have been waiting for.

A few minutes ago DPD rang me again to apologise about what's happened. I told them my parcel has actually now been delivered and I don't know what parcel DPD should be delivering now.

They said they probably just got totally muddled up with my email address somehow, and I shouldn't have received an email from them.

Fills you with confidence doesn't it.

At least I've got my parcel now.

This actually makes a little sense. Vodafone use DPD and when your new phone is being delivered DPD email you with info, so it's probably quite easy (especially at the busy time of year) for a couple of emails to get messed up. Thankfully the parcels didn't :)

• Like 1

My experience of delivery drivers is that they get treated really badly by their employers. Most drivers ( apart from the Royal Mail)are self employed and their companies expect them to achieve the impossible, like delivering a large number of parcels in too large a area. So they end up rushing around like headless chickens, as they get paid per parcel or get fined for the one's they don't. It doesn't excuse the reason for throwing a parcel over the fence.

Glad you got your parcels.

The companies are too hard on their employees so you can't blame them for trying to rush around and get their job done. No excuse for some of the bad things they do though.

My mate used to work for a delivery company and he said he used to arrive in the morning to a big pile of his parcels in the depot and he had to sort through them all and put them in order, load them in the van and plan his route out before starting his deliveries. Then you have traffic to contend with, I'd hate to do their job.

Edited by pjf1985

The companies are too hard on their employees so you can't blame them for trying to rush around and get their job done. No excuse for some of the bad things they do though.

My mate used to work for a delivery company and he said he used to arrive in the morning to a big pile of his parcels in the depot and he had to sort through them all and put them in order, load them in the van and plan his route out before starting his deliveries. Then you have traffic to contend with, I'd hate to do their job.

Exactly the same cr*p I dealt with for around 12 months whilst I did a job as a part's delivery driver for a large car dealer here in South Wales some 6 years ago.

I usually had two A4 sheets full of deliveries to get done around the whole of South Wales in 8hrs. Every morning I had to check the van, check the parcels (parts), load the van, write out my delivery schedule order, plan my route and then leave for the day.

The manager of the parts department was a total ar*e with no people skills who had no idea of the pressure he put his staff under to accomplish impossible delivery schedules each day. I was on minimum wage and had worked the first 6 months their for free just to get my foot in the door (Job Centre scheme). They piled on so many deliveries each day that it was almost impossible to ever get them all done in one day with some garages being so far apart.

I was expected to keep going until I had delivered them all even though I didn't get paid to work after 5pm. Most days lunch was a 5 minute affair or not even done until the end of the day after I had done my deliveries if at all. :dry:

I only started to do the job as I wanted to work so agreed to do the JC scheme that other people wouldn't do. Tbh I was pretty happy when they said they wouldn't be employing me on another 6 month contract as the deliveries had stopped coming in such high demand & I was the last delivery driver employed. :yahoo:

• Like 1

I've had a few issues with DPD recently. They didn't pay attention to the "special delivery" notes and decided to head back to depot with my parcel. I phoned the company up to moan and they got in touch with DPD and they arranged a next day delivery on the Saturday. I also sent a parcel to Wales, a big parcel mind you, of which instead of going to Wales ended up in Manchester and was delayed 2 days because of this.

As above, all delivery companies have their issues.

It's 3 days before Christmas what do you honestly expect?

Better service than that.

I'm under no illusions that the delivery drivers have a hard time and are under a lot of pressure to get parcels delivered. Still no excuse to do what they do though.

Unfortunately this doesn't just happen around Xmas time for us. It's throughout the year.

If I offered that poor level of service to my customers when I'm under pressure, I don't think I would have a job.

Parcel mix ups I can understand happens at busy times such as now, and as long as it's rectified then I accept it can happen, but not being bothered to even ring a doorbell, instead throwing the parcel over the gate, isn't on.

• Like 2

It's 3 days before Christmas what do you honestly expect?

Better service than that.

I'm under no illusions that the delivery drivers have a hard time and are under a lot of pressure to get parcels delivered. Still no excuse to do what they do though.

Unfortunately this doesn't just happen around Xmas time for us. It's throughout the year.

If I offered that poor level of service to my customers when I'm under pressure, I don't think I would have a job.

Parcel mix ups I can understand happens at busy times such as now, and as long as it's rectified then I accept it can happen, but not being bothered to even ring a doorbell, instead throwing the parcel over the gate, isn't on.

Totally agree ~ Unfortunately though some people are just tools so it doesn't matter what job they do it's their attitude towards it that sucks. :thumbdown: