Best roads south Wales

nissanman312

Hi guys

My mate picked up his m3 today he's in minehead devon and I'm in the middlands so I'm going to meet him with a few others for a drive either Monday or a week Sunday Just trying to pick a dry day

Anyway after a list of must drive roads in South Wales if anyone can help

I know about the black mountains any others?

Also anyone want to join in feel free more the merrier

Thanks in advance

Edited by nissanman312

The last meet we had down here in the summer, we did the A4069 from Upper Brynamman to Llangadog then onto Llandovery and Builth Wells, dropping back down to Brecon and then heading south on the A470 to finish.

They're all pretty good roads around the Beacons so take your pick.

Keep us updated on your intended route and timetable as a few of us might tag along :thumbs:

• Like 1

The last meet we had down here in the summer, we did the A4069 from Upper Brynamman to Llangadog then onto Llandovery and Builth Wells, dropping back down to Brecon and then heading south on the A470 to finish.

They're all pretty good roads around the Beacons so take your pick.

Keep us updated on your intended route and timetable as a few of us might tag along :thumbs:

that's great thanks by all means if people

tag along and know a nice run they we'll be happy to go with that as I don't know much down that end I was just going to try and google map it hence that ask for help here

Edited by nissanman312

Being an exiled local a drive on the A470 over the Beacons to Brecon is pretty good then A40 head to Tal-y-Bont and take the minor road that takes you passed the reservoirs (Tal-y-Bont/Ponsticill) then Head of the Valleys up to the B4560 and head over the top to Llangynidir - and that very narrow bridge - then you are back on the A40 so can head for Abergavenny or Llangorse and onto Hay-on Wye for lunch. Afternoon head to Painscastle then hit the roads over Eppynt to Hundred House and then you are on your own!