Debadging gone wrong.... I am so pi$$ed!!!

jbrunouk

Corrections for you!!!

- Shared my Zed issue as this is a Zed forum right!

- Get suggestions and testimonies??... yes I emailed bs and no reply so had to actually go down there. Other places contacted me this morning.

- Yes does not like price as most expensive I was given, its a buyers market so I can choose,

- Finds another garage which was recommended via the the forum, as theres this brilliant tool called forum search and I believe there is a 'paint & protection' section( oh yes were in it right now) that people can review and read previous posts by people who asked for recommenations also.... Which is what I have been doing since yesterday!

So get your facts straight before talking rubbish. As if you read my original post I was asking more about the paint issue and how this happened... as never had it before! Then I mentioned a sprayer later.

Thanks mate...

Edited by jbrunouk
  • Like 1

Corrections for you!!!

- Get suggestions and testimonies??... yes I emailed bs and no reply so had to actually go down there. Other places contacted me this morning.

- Yes does not like price as most expensive I was given, its a buyers market so I can choose,

- Finds another garage which was recommended via the the forum, as theres this brilliant tool called forum search and I believe there is a 'paint & protection' section( oh yes were in it right now) that people can review and read previous posts by people who asked for recommenations also.... Which is what I have been doing since yesterday!

So get your facts straight before talking rubbish. As if you read my original post I was asking more about the paint issue and how this happened... as never had it before! Then I mentioned a sprayer later.

Thanks mate...

Fair point!! Hope it's all sorted well and dandy!

• Like 1

Corrections for you!!!

Thanks mate...

Fair play.

Now go change your tampon

Corrections for you!!!

Thanks mate...

Fair play.

Tampon?

Your an idiot mate...

Edited by jbrunouk

I went down there and was quoted 2-3 days to do the work and £200+vat to spray the boot, to be honest thats expensive so found another garage, so dropping my car off tomorrow and should be done by next morning.

Fingers crossed for you. :thumbs:

I presumed RT would have given you a quote for a proper clean down, prime, spray and bake - the other garage doing it in a day is probably doing a blow over. Happy to be proved wrong if you have found a garage that can do it cheap and do the full process in a day, post up the results.

Corrections for you!!!

Thanks mate...

Fair play.

Tampon?

Your an idiot mate...

Have you read your signature recently?

Corrections for you!!!

Thanks mate...

Fair play.

Tampon?

Your an idiot mate...

Have you read your signature recently?

why are you going out your way to be an idiot to this guy? ... not very nice.

• Like 2

Btw this is a good time to get the full boot smoothed over, badgless really shows the fat ass of better!

I think I got mine done for around £220 but that was fitting a Nismo spoiler as well :thumbs:

The bodyshop is going to remove the fairlady badge as well, then respray it all, will see how it looks before I put the Z badge back on..

Have not seen a completely badgeless rear so may keep it that way.

Thanks

I had mine resprayed fully and then put on various different badges depending on my mood - didnt look right completely debadged in my humble opinion.

Have you gotten the details of the one day respray? Assume its not a back to plastic/metal strip, prime, spray, lacquer and bake? Or is it a repair and blend effort?

I feel for you, this happened to my GTI-R, i'd put some masking tape on for a quick touch with the spray gun. Took the tape off and pulled half the paint off! and it was the night before being on a show stand at Trax lol - that was one late night!

Just picked my baby.. all fixed and looking so much better..

Advised the boot did not need to be sprayed all the way, they had to prep due to the area of paint missing and fill all the chips along bottom of boot edge, blended from lip at the top of boot, Sprayed and baked.

More than happy with repair...

20141204_130810_zpsikq2cptl.jpg

20141204_130819_zpswec7bfyk.jpg

20141204_130830_zpssdkmwz0n.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hey dude. Where did you get the rear badge from?

You can get those "burger" badges from Tarmac Sportz a trader on here. ;)

Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350Z_NISSAN__02-08__JDM_BLACK_Z_LOGO_EMBLEM/350ZJDMLOGOBLACK_.aspx

Also lot's of other style Zed badges available from Asad here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/212-350z-370z-z-emblems-accessories-sales/

:thumbs:

Hey dude. Where did you get the rear badge from?

You can get those "burger" badges from Tarmac Sportz a trader on here. ;)

Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350Z_NISSAN__02-08__JDM_BLACK_Z_LOGO_EMBLEM/350ZJDMLOGOBLACK_.aspx

Also lot's of other style Zed badges available from Asad here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/212-350z-370z-z-emblems-accessories-sales/

:thumbs:

Thanks for the links :-D

Rather than a full respect it's worth while asking a mobile paint repair man to come and give an estimate. They can be quite handy and save a few quid

I know it's a bit late now but that's a real bad way of tackling that task. Easier and much safer way is to get some fishing line (only nylon so won't damage the paint and it's cheap as chips) rest the line over the top between the badge and body and pull it back and fourth which will cut through the spongey adhesive. Once done roll most of it off with your finger then finish by using autoglym bug and far remover or similar (I have used others but prefer that) and that will soften and remove any of the last glue and residue.

I debadge all my cars, I like a clean look and this works a treat every time