Unsure what I've got

NIsmo85

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help and suggestion with my emissions issues, I got it back from the garage and drove it from York to London-good times.

\I have to apologise what I'm about to ask but as a zed newbie, I have to. I'm unsure which zed I've got. Last owner stated it was a 2002 nismo import (which I'm not disputing) but after looking about I'm confused as to if that's the case. I don't have any import docs and the last owner thinks it may of been imported in 2005? I've included the pics I have. Its got what seems to be the UK GT spec; heated leather, Bose, Brembos,Rays forged alloys and also electronic throttle response adjuster next to the steering wheel. However doesn't have some of the import features of auto folding wing mirrors etc.

The reason I ask is that insuring an I port is obviously more expensive, which I found with my old FTO. Is there a way I can know 100%? Also what does that mean for specs, performance etc?

Sorry I've laid on some more bone questions but I couldn't find a definitive answer.

Paul.

post-23271-0-08168400-1416405088_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-44475600-1416405106_thumb.jpg

post-23271-0-31920900-1416405480_thumb.jpg

I don't think Jap imports come with a rear wiper (I think I read that on here somewhere..)? Which yours doesn't.

Also, it is a 2002 model car but it was imported to the UK in 2005 after spending 3 years in presumably Japan.

Does it have a square rear number plate?

Also the VIN is different to UK ones which is in the buyers guide on this forum.

There's a good post in the differences of JDM v UK Spec - As a quickie Have a look at the sunglasses bin as there are 2 buttons on there in Japanese also to the lower right side of the steering column theres a small button that controls the dip on the mirrors when you reverse thats import only finally the triple gauge does not have a clock function when scrolling through ie HH:MM

Edited by Mudman

On the logbook it will say if its an import by having wording along the lines of "vehicle first registered in UK on 01/02/05". It will also only tell you the number of UK owners since it was registered as obviously it wont know about any before that, so it may say something like "2 owners since 2005".

Thats from my experience - I had a 1996 motorbike which was imported from California in 2000 and my v5 logbook said the same as above.

Scratch the Brembos only myth - mine is JDM and were fitted pre import as optional extra along with a few other bits. A foglight must be fitted by UK Law so its going to have one of those as well !

Difficult to say from those photos as it has a U.K front numberplate but on the other hand there are no 52 registered U.K cars. One of the problems with positively identifying imports is that owners have a habit of changing the car, removing the rear wiper, changing the brakes to Brembos even changing the front and rear bumpers. For example, your Zed does not look to have headlight washers but it could have been fitted with a replica Nismo bumper here in the U.K. As others have said, best check The VIN.

Pete

DO an insurace quote, if it says FAIRLADY Z then it an import. uk cars should be 350z

Doesn't always work, when I first insured my zed I had a quote from Adrian Flux who told me it was an import. It definitely isn't.

But they also said the high cost of the premium was because it had 350 hp :lol: