Attention every HR 313 owner

chrisday1990

So guys after repairing fans before I took them out I noticed the mentioned below. At first I thought it was because previous owner could have tampered with them but you can't get it wrong if you tried.

I have spoken with a mechanic at Nissan and he tells me a batch of HRs have a factory fault whereby the RHS fan turns opposite direction to the LHS resulting in hot hair being sucked from engine into rad, he says it's never caused major issues only when the LHS fan fails.

So check and get back to me, it's a simple fix just identify the ground wires and reverse polarity.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Checked mine today and they both span the same way (standing at the front of the car looking at the car they would be going clockwise) and when I had the bonnet open it was chucking hot air up into my face (so assuming it's pulling the hot air off the rad and towards the engine).

I've got an 08 HR.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi peeps question getting a new z had an 04 while back looking at either low millage 06 up rev (face lift) or higher millage HR what's your thoughts.

Initial thought is 'why didn't you start a new thread for this, instead of resurrecting a month old one that's completely unrelated?'... :)

But assuming there is a logical answer to that, thoughts are...

Mmm, you know Zeds, you know what you're getting. Enjoy the little extra shove in the back when you drop the hammer as well as crappy interior plastics, bulging bonnet and better headlights. :)

Edited by Aashenfox

• 2 weeks later...