traded in zed for 335i e92

LukePitt

I came from an M3 to the Z.I liked my BMWS but they didnt drive as well IMO and the running costs and reliability were a joke. Maybe the three I owned were dud cars but I got fed up with the things going wrong all the time. Build quality was good but the reliability in my experience is a fallacy. That said I still liked them.

Edited by Zeezeebaba
  • Like 1

0-60 is for pubs and willy waving contests. It has no practical place in the real world.

If all that mattered was performance, then we'd all be knocking round in either Imprezas or Caterhams. As tempting as that is, I'm glad there's more to driving than that.

But its the 'real world' performance of something like a 335i thats so amazing, in gear acceleration response is immense, and theres no real turbo lag. Versus a E9X M3 it'll fly away unless the M3 drops a few cogs sharpish. As I've said before the best time I love about the 335i, is that my wife can potter round town in it, leave the gear box in auto, never take the revs above 2Kpm and is perfectly happy with the car. But when I feel like in the mood, I can switch the map on the engine for abit of extra bhp, stick the box in manual mode, and around the local back roads it's more fun than my Z use to be, and nearly as good as my old Integra Type R.

For me cars like the 335i/S4 offer almost the perfect balance of performance/speed/fun/luxury/practicality in the 'real world'.....just don't count on it starting every time :lol:

I came from an M3 to the Z.I liked my BMWS but they didnt drive as well IMO and the running costs and reliability were a joke. Maybe the three I owned were dud cars but I got fed up with the things going wrong all the time. Build quality was good but the reliability in my experience is a fallacy. That said I still liked them.

+1 Reliability is I would never use to described my BMW 335i, infact the Peugeot 106 I had years ago was more reliable...Infact the whole BMW ownership experience has pretty much put me and my wife off buying any German car again. Been looking at replacements for our Civic diesel and I think options from BMW/Audi/Merc were considered for a total of 30seconds before they were written off!!

If it wasn't for the knowledge Mitz and Andy been able to fix the thing so efficiently I'm pretty sure I would have got rid of the thing quite a few months ago :surrender:

Epic cars, my parents have one and I'm insured on it :D been driving it about recently and normally I don't really like auto cars but it's really good! Paddle shift on them is brilliant, absolutely seemless and although ours is standard it's still rapid. I'm sure with 430bhp it's gonna be savage! Good choice of car!

What's the autobox like on the 335? In manual mode, particularly.

First auto car I've owned and I personally don't want to go back to manual ever again. In full auto mode the shifts are so smooth most of the time I have no idea what gear the thing is in, and due to massive amount of toque regardless of what gear your in a blip on the throttle will make the thing pick up speed.

In manual mode you pretty much have full control. But it wouldn't let you over rev the engine, so will shift up at the limiter, and wouldn't let you stall, so will shift down as required. So it's never truly 'manual' but why you would want to over rev the engine or strain it to the point of stalling am not sure.

The new 8 speed ZF unit in the current 3 series though is suppose to be even better.

I think the only downer with the 335 is that it had pretty bad electrical issues. A lot of codes thrown up, not to mention those poxy run flats :rant:

oh and the swirl flaps that sometimes get sucked into the engine :surrender:

Sorry i'm no making an attempt of scare mongering

Edited by Rock_Steady

You need to take your tongue out of your cars pipe :lol:

I was be disappointed if I got a 3 serise while my car was being serviced never mind owning one.

I think its great the performance mixed with practicality aspect but to look down the nose at the zed shows you cleary missed the point of the car.

Glad your happy with your car though :thumbs:

Ha t#t, never put my tongue in any pipes mate, not sure what u do in your spare time. If u read the post I said I'll miss the zed, the zed's flasher to look at, but I didn't find the power enough, and the bmw is built better. Sorry if I offended your feelings, perhaps u should take one of your body parts out of cars pipe and not get upset at someone else's opinion.

Ha t#t, never put my tongue in any pipes mate, not sure what u do in your spare time. If u read the post I said I'll miss the zed, the zed's flasher to look at, but I didn't find the power enough, and the bmw is built better. Sorry if I offended your feelings, perhaps u should take one of your body parts out of cars pipe and not get upset at someone else's opinion.

I was talking about mr gangzoom and his 3 serise thats close to a gt-r. I took my body part out the pipe when i sold it :thumbs:

Hens, I've just bought your old A from Alba Motors in Edinburgh, please tell me I've got a good one?

Welcome aboard ~ Hensh loved his Zed so I'm sure it's a good one. Congrats. :thumbs:

Check out his build thread linked in his signature just under the picture of his old Zed. :)

• Like 1