Couple of problems in first day of ownership

Craigy_87

Well it's my first day of ownership and I've came across a couple of problems.

I have the p1147 and p1167 codes, read up about these an have mixed information some say they are nothing to worry about and I have cleared them but others say there mpg fell.

The light also only came on after the car took a speed bump at an awkward angle if relative at all?

Other problem well I think it is anyway. Where should the temperature gauge reach before the fans kick in to cool it down as it managed to reach 3/4 of the way perhaps a smidge higher and I stopped the car before it could get any higher.

I then checked the car once it had cooled and the one fan was running and the temperature was back at its usual spot. I did however notice that the with the A/C on no fans came on

Again unfortunately this all happened after hitting a massive pothole, only at a couple of mph I might add, while trying to find a space at a fireworks display.

Thanks

Fans are prone to failing in older cars. Sounds like yours has packed in. (Although check coolant level just to be sure)

Mishimoto replacements are available from a few of the traders here and aren't expensive.

The drivers side fan does nothing with aircon off or on

Passenger side did come on an go off itself

Actually not sure if it was just coincidence but the passenger side fan actually went off when I stuck the aircon on

I'm sure it's covered under the limited warranty thing I'll check in the morning and phone them