Homophobic attack in Surbiton on Saturday night...

HaydnH

:lol: Thats down the road from me, has to be students the lot of them, when I was at Uni in Kingston there was always dramas late Saturday night at KFC :lol:

Not sure how many people bowl around with pink tutus for Halloween so might track them down funnily enough

Where are you now? I went to Kingston Uni and haven't left the area since, currently on Balaclava Road Surbiton.

jumping to conclusion how do they know it was sexuality hate crime

Reportedly, due to the homophobic abuse shouted at the victims.

Right just because he called him horrible name doesnt mean it is so the victim might have stolen his phone or thrown a gang sign at him which prompted the attack, we shouldnt jump to conclusion,

just the people said with the poppy seller it could be anything just because he called him a horrible name doesnt mean its homophobic attack

and untill the persons found we will never know the true reason

jumping to conclusion how do they know it was sexuality hate crime

Reportedly, due to the homophobic abuse shouted at the victims.

Right just because he called him horrible name doesnt mean it is so the victim might have stolen his phone or thrown a gang sign at him which prompted the attack, we shouldnt jump to conclusion,

just the people said with the poppy seller it could be anything just because he called him a horrible name doesnt mean its homophobic attack

and untill the persons found we will never know the true reason

I disagree if homophobic language was used its most likely that was the driver and its a fair assumption.

With the poppy seller there was no interaction (that I've seen with various reports) other than the assault. Very different attacks but both low life scum if what the press print is true.

Of course you need to have faith in the press to report hard facts in this country and my faith is dwindling by the day.

• Like 1

right lets say some ginger trys to steal a persons bag, He runs off and the bloke runs after him saying come here you ginger **** etc does that mean its a a attack on him because he'ss ginger, but according your and the papers locic it must be because ginger was used negatively towards this person ?

the vicitim wouldnt admit to doing anything wrong would he

Edited by StevoD

Let's face it we are all gingerist ( from someone who has recently found out half of his ancestors are "sandy haired").

there is a fine line between description and discrimination when describing someone. I struggle with that too as I work with folks all over the world (as I belive you do) and it's difficult if you don't want to upset anyone but this particular news article seems to suggest it was homophobic.

What annoys me, is how the poppy thread everyone said you cant accuse it being muslim because it was poppys related, but we can accuse a guy of homophobic attacks because apparently a homophobic phrase was used

Your either on the soap box or off it, not when you want to be

But it seem as soon as a minority a different race was involved everyone jumped on the PC wagon as soon It was sexuality based it turned to a bit of a joke seems rather hypocritical (might be the wrong word)

i might be confusing with what im saying but hope the right message gets across also this isnt pointed at anyone directly

Also reading that if the two blokes that got beaten where gay and the two attackers where in pink tutus cant be hard to see how this kicked off personally i dont think its a homophobia attack more a case of them getting the **** taken out of could have been the two straightest people in the word if what i imagine the homosexual guys said had been said by a straight person i imagine the reaction would have been the same, and therefors sexuality had nothing to do with it same was the race of the poppy seller attack may have had nothing to do with it

Edited by StevoD

but the poppy story doesn't say or suggest religion or anything else was a driver as there was no verbal communication. This story does suggest homophobic language was used.

As ive said imagine the two attackers where just getting some chicken after a night out with the tutus on a bit drunk,

2 'gay' guys start giving snide comments and remarks or maybe coming on to them even tho the guys say no (sexual harresment???) i can see how two potential drunk guys could end up getting lairy and calling them something negative

But like you say the press dont mention this and im sure the victim wont. If that was the case cant see how thats sexuality dependant

But my issue we will get members jumping up and down saying you cant accuse someone being a muslim but nothing about this which the only difference is ones sexuality and ones race

i look forward to my local base story of libyian soliders raping girls in cambridge come up

Edited by StevoD

So why aren't the "attackers" stating that?

They have disappeared and so they can't give their side of the "debate". What does that tell you?

Maybe they where that pi**ed they dont recall what really happened so cant give a solid statement, and therefore would instantly loose the case and get charged, potential unfairly

Edited by StevoD

Passers by intervened and they ran away. Why would you do that if you were a victim?

Keith the poppy seller thread my issue was with the OP's suggestion it was religious motivated and that the attacker AND HIS FAMILY should be deported. The OP didn't know the background of the attacker or the reason. There was a whole lot of assumption that he and his family were fanatics...