Forgot how annoyed I get this time of year......grrrr

Kraziekatz1

This does wind me up proper. People who think they are safe drivers by driving below the speed limit with their high beams on and fail to dip them once over taken really annoys me. Then they might pick up speed once you've over taken them, still with their high beams on because they feel you shouldn't have over taken them even though they were below the speed limit. And to top it all, they won't indicate when they turn off the road :rant:

What dash cam do you use? Is there a good one out there? Bee good to have something like this for piece of mind

I use 2 of these.

E-PRANCE New Mini 0801 Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder With High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 G-sensor + Car License Plate + H.264 + 135 Degree Wide Angle View,Support HDMI/TV Out https://www.amazon.c...d_fkRtub100PKN0

I also have a high end camera from blackvue and find it so unreliable. Never had an issue with this cheap one.

Thats exactly the same as my camera... There is an 0803 version out now which is better quality at night but i've heard reports of the hardware being a little more unreliable. There is apparently an '0803 Pro' in development/testing at the moment and im tempted to buy one of those when it comes out to replace my 0801 at the front and possibly demote it to the rear.

How have you got yours wired in, i've not long had my zed so I haven't actually done a permanent install yet, just a 'it'll do for now' job?

In my jeep i had my front one recording all the time set in parking mode with a live feed from the battery. For the Zed i have decided to buy a battery that will charge when im driving and will run both cameras. When the car is parked both cameras will record via the seperate battery. Just bought one of those battery packs you get for charging mobile devices etc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

People who drive with their front fogs on all the time when it's not foggy.

People who straight line roundabouts, so car in left lane cuts across the lane or car who is in the right lane turning right.

People who get in the right turn only lane to then go straight on as they can't be bothered to wait in line in the correct lane.

Middle lane morons obviously :)

Sheep in 3rd lane of motorway all following each other and not moving over into 1st or 2nd lane which is clear.

People who pull out of a junction in front of you and don't get up to speed causing you to slow down drastically.

People who turn into a junction but then stop leaving half their arse hanging out even if their road ahead is clear.

Don't even get me started on bad parking :)

• Like 2

People who straight line roundabouts, so car in left lane cuts across the lane or car who is in the right lane turning right.

People who get in the right turn only lane to then go straight on as they can't be bothered to wait in line in the correct lane.

Sheep in 3rd lane of motorway all following each other and not moving over into 1st or 2nd lane which is clear.

People who pull out of a junction in front of you and don't get up to speed causing you to slow down drastically.

People who turn into a junction but then stop leaving half their arse hanging out even if their road ahead is clear.

All of that lot should be in here really Linus. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81236-they-shouldnt-be-on-the-road-2/page__st__340#entry1387760

I can't believe how many people I've seen driving lately with no lights on (almost pitch dark) & who are driving around with fog lights on (no fog). :rant:

Plus the people who drive continiously at 40, even through a 30..........

Or vice a versa. ;)

Yes, Its almost as though they have one speed whatever the speed limits are - times we have seen this on the Wales weekends drives when they totally ignore the 30mph through the villages, but then we quickly catch them up in the 60mph only for them to do their utmost to prevent what would be safe overtakes and when you do get past they flash away as though "how dare you pass me"........grrrrrr

• Like 3

All of that lot should be in here really Linus. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...40#entry1387760

I can't believe how many people I've seen driving lately with no lights on (almost pitch dark) & who are driving around with fog lights on (no fog). :rant:

There should be a fog/idiot detector fitted to cars that fires the ejector seat if you drive with rear fog lights on when there is NO fog!!!! :bang: makes my pee boil!!
  • Like 1

Worst thing around here are the massive logging trucks with trailers, jam packed with felled trees.

When you see one coming in daylight its....... :scare: :scare: In darkness....forget it!

You have to pull over otherwise get WIPED OUT!!! ....The roads are just not wide enough

............. or some farmer on an ancient massey ferguson doing 2 mph with no lights!!!

I've noticed a lot more people driving around with their fog lights on when it's not necessary. I genuinely think this is caused by a combination of a couple of things.

One, the recent propensity of car manufacturers to produce cars with daylight running lights / side lights which are set to "On" by default. Because they think / fashion thinks / we think it looks "cool". Therefore if you don't have spangly led light things you're not trendy and in with the crowd. Hence people feel the need to turn them on for some reason, god knows why?

Two, sheer unbridled stupidity and ignorance about what fog lights are for. Police should be able to stop said motorists and issue an "On the spot SLAP" to the chops.

Both of these factors about incorrect fog light use annoy me intensely.

In fact they annoy me more than people who pull up to traffic lights, busy junctions, etc who then sit there with their foot on the brake pedal. I feel like getting out of my car and knocking on their window and saying.

Me: "They saw you coming mate, salesman ripped you off a treat, I'd get some of money back if I were you, probably get a grand back...."

Idiot:"...what, what rip off, what are you talking about? Take what back?...."

Me:"...take it back, your car, demand at least a grand back..."

Idiot"...what, why, what's wrong?.."

Me: " the salesman has sold you a car with a handbrake. Definitely miss-selling as you clearly have no intention of using it, get your money back...... mind you, the incessant glare from your eye level rear brake light is brightening up my evening, a real pleasure to behold.....well at least in my right eye as said glare has caused the retina in my left eye to detach...."

Edited by Bockaaarck
  • Like 2

I's not the sheep behind that are the problem, undertaking is illegal so technically if they wish to go faster than the car in front then they have no choice. It's the muppet in front who annoys me, there's 10 cars behind you and nobody to the left for 2 miles... get the hint!

• Like 1

I's not the sheep behind that are the problem, undertaking is illegal so technically if they wish to go faster than the car in front then they have no choice. It's the muppet in front who annoys me, there's 10 cars behind you and nobody to the left for 2 miles... get the hint!

True to a point. It is not illegal to undertake, it's only illegal if you change lanes immediately after passing. If you lane is moving faster than the lane to the left then it's legal to pass. So if all the sheep are hogging lane 3 then you are perfectly in your right to pass them in lane 1 and 2.

Edited by Linus27
  • Like 2

There is no such crime as undertaking.

If there is space to the left, and traffic is queuing in the lane you are in, you are perfectly entitled to move to the left and carry on in that lane. Indeed, that's exactly what you should be doing.

Unless it's obvious that you're going to need to pull back out in 10 secs, then you should be keeping left at all times. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem ;)

Not aimed at you Hayden, just general comments matey :)

• Like 1

There is no such crime as undertaking.

Apparently it was removed when the RTA was introduced in `72 (before I was born), I guess it's easier to allow some mildly dangerous driving rather than teach everyone to stick to the left. The highway code (#268) does include a "do not overtake on the left" but it's not a "must not" and therefore not based on a legal requirement. Interesting.

You'd be done for careless driving, i.e. does the standard of driving fall below that of a reasonable and competent driver.

Doing a single move that was the classic undertake is likely to see you pulled. Moving to an empty lane and cruising past a row of cars when you're not breaking the limit may still get you a tug, but you can bet your arse a decent solicitor will argue your case well in a court.

theres no way i'm pulling into a queue of cars in the middle lane if the inside lane is empty for half a mile before an obstruction.

besides, the highway code states: "stay in your lane if traffic is moving slowly in queues. If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you are, you may pass on the left"

ergo, cars queuing in the middle lane (albeit still doing 65mph), I may stay in my lane and pass on the left.

also, I like to travel in lanes where there is a safe distance in front of me - joining a line of cars in the middle lane does not give me a safe distance (hence why they're always braking) so i'll stay in the empty inside lane, thanks!

it also says this:

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

I reckon that's pretty conclusive - rush hour motorways are congested conditions, all lanes moving around 60mph. in that case, if the leftmost lane is free, you can keep up with the traffic in it - and since i'm the only person in the lane, I am the traffic, and i'll choose to do the speed limit, ie 70!

• Like 2