Coventry to be the Next Monaco..!

WhackyWill

hahah brilliant! and yes the Coventry ring road does have a long and illustrious racing history - has been used for years by the local youth to see who could complete a lap in under 2 minutes.

they could incorporate a destruction derby style section using the many excellent combined entry/exit ramps :dry:

• Like 2

Been to coventry once, would rather not go again. Not the most attractive of places

Hmm, yes, got attacked by a gang of youths in the city centre, maybe 6 or 7 of them and around 14/15 years old, including girls in the early 70's. I decked the first 2 lads and the rest ran off :lol: . Only other time I went was to run The Coventry half marathon.

Pete

• Like 2

Been to coventry once, would rather not go again. Not the most attractive of places

Hmm, yes, got attacked by a gang of youths in the city centre, maybe 6 or 7 of them and around 14/15 years old, including girls in the early 70's. I decked the first 2 lads and the rest ran off :lol: . Only other time I went was to run The Coventry half marathon.

Pete

One tough mutha :lol:

Oi! I did my degree at Coventry Uni! Don't dis the cov!

Same here!

Cov locals are a bit special, but I quiet liked the city, its changed massively even since I went, jaguar have been using the ring roads a test track for years. And the entry/exit junctions are a perfect demo of the chaos theory. :lol:

Would love the chance to race on the ring road

Edited by rtbiscuit

Oi! I did my degree at Coventry Uni! Don't dis the cov!

Same here!

Cov locals are a bit special, but I quiet liked the city, its changed massively even since I went, jaguar have been using the ring roads a test track for years. And the entry/exit junctions are a perfect demo of the chaos theory. :lol:

Would love the chance to race on the ring road

Went back with about 15 of my uni mates in September, its been 20 years since we started our degree's and we got a tour etc. Was amazing they have a Harrier jump jet in the engineering lab along with flight simulators and a wind tunnel used by mercedes benz f1 team, when I was there 20 years ago I got to sit in the Thrust land speed record car (as they built it there) - little do people know its one of the best uni's in Europe for engineering, shame I did economics!

Freshers week, 1994, first week of uni, get drunk chat to fellow fresher, back to his place with some new mates to get properly drunk. His new housemates are final year students in Vehicle Design, I don't remember much of that night but I do remember his housemates humbly admitting they had 5 A* A-Levels that got them into Cov Uni and they all had jobs (in 1994) that 'paid more than your average CEO' with Yamaha and the like lined up when they finished. Bizarrely I remember now, the only car between the three of them was a Citroen CV2!

Don't dis the Cov! Unless its statistics or economics, which was average!

Edited by coldel

There business or it might have been ICT centre thought the internet was only ever going to be a fad :lol:

goes to show its important to pick the right degree at the right uni.

Warwick was an offsite campus looked abit isolated, good ink but didn't look like a lot to do out there. Lived in cove and 10 min walk from the centre as a student it was a hoot of a place to go out in.

Coventry to stage street racing like Monaco..!

Think I would prefer to go to Monaco.

http://www.itv.com/n...orsport-racing/

I think there was a move 20 or so years ago to hold a GP around the streets of Birmingham. They actually ran a few F3000 championship races (same status as GP2 has these days) but an F1 race never materialised. For those curious you can watch the entire 1990 race here.

Pete

Coventry to stage street racing like Monaco..!

Think I would prefer to go to Monaco.

http://www.itv.com/n...orsport-racing/

I think there was a move 20 or so years ago to hold a GP around the streets of Birmingham. They actually ran a few F3000 championship races (same status as GP2 has these days) but an F1 race never materialised. For those curious you can watch the entire 1990 race here.

Pete

We did the test day at Birmingham with Tony Trimmer and the Lola T332 F5000.