Erm... What the beep?

Hello! Just bought my first 350Z. Black, well kept and an absolute bargain.

I noticed it made a beep as the engine started... Is this normal? If not then any ideas why? Its got full service history but could be oil and filter change perhaps?

I'm sure there'll be more in the future but for now this is the beeping question! :)

Thanks in advance!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Is the Zed an import or UK model?

Reason I ask is I was just wondering if maybe the beep was something to do with an alarm/immobiliser that you might get if the cars an import with an aftermarket alarm system. :shrug: Sorry not much help I know ~ my UK Zed makes no such noise fyi.

Welcome to the forum. I'm of the opinion of the answers that you've been given above and that its either a JDM car or has been fitted with an aftermarket alarm (little point on UK models as the alarm is rated as Thatcham Cat 1). A little more searching of your car may help source the beeping although if it poses no problem i wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the welcome notes...

It's a UK model not a JDM. Reference the comment about Bluetooth, that's interesting because it is enabled... There is a little black (almost old Nokia flip mobile phone like) box in the compartment where your left elbow would be if you were resting it...

Good shout on the oil checking... Didn't do that (oops) - although am going to have the filter and oil change done in two weeks anyway.

• Like 1

Hello! Just bought my first 350Z. Black, well kept and an absolute bargain.

Me too B) Yours didn't happen to come from Southport did it?

Regarding the beep, I've noticed mine doing it too, a few seconds after the engine is started. As others have said I guess it's the Bluetooth.