Anyone able to lend an ear in Southampton area?

veef13

Getting used to my new Z, and really enjoying the experience :drive1

Wondering if there was anyone in the Southampton area that would be free to have a look and listen at car to check all is ok please? Gearbox is pretty loud, but I understand this is common... and prob just me being over sensitive after my last cars quietness :) Would like an experienced 2nd opinion

I live in Chandlers Ford but haven't had my car long either. Couldn't really tell you if anything is wrong or not.

However, if you meet with someone, I may pop along :)

Cool will let you know.

Confident nowts wrong, would just like an experienced opinion. Would pop up and see Jez as took my old 200sx to him a few times and he knows these cars, but a bit far away for now

Soundslike my old 200sx one when it had a shortshift hehe

Has the old switch off, clutch engaged rattle, but thats fine as more likely to be release bearing or DMF, not to fussed about that for now. When driving not really hearing much definition to the engine noise, just mechanical noise... maybe i'm just used to the v8

• Like 1

I'm in the same position as codders in that I've only had the zed a few months (Portswood area), but I'd also be happy to meet up - away this weekend though.

Ok cool, good to hear of some newbies around the area. Maybe a mini meet and greet the following weekend

• Like 1

Soundslike my old 200sx one when it had a shortshift hehe

Has the old switch off, clutch engaged rattle, but thats fine as more likely to be release bearing or DMF, not to fussed about that for now. When driving not really hearing much definition to the engine noise, just mechanical noise... maybe i'm just used to the v8

+1 on the release bearing, 370 is the same, gearbox is notchy when cold, fresh oil and molyslip helps

Gearbox is not noisy generally though

if the car sounds mechanical you need a better exhaust :thumbs:

Edited by GIXXERUK

Wondering if there was anyone in the Southampton area that would be free to have a look and listen at car to check all is ok please? Gearbox is pretty loud, but I understand this is common... and prob just me being over sensitive after my last cars quietness :) Would like an experienced 2nd opinion

Give Keyser a shout at the Zed Shed, it'll b worth the drive (near Bournemouth) just take a big bag of doughnuts :)

Give Keyser a shout at the Zed Shed, it'll b worth the drive (near Bournemouth) just take a big bag of doughnuts :)

Cool will do, thanks!

Get a meet organised and we can all have a listen. Be good to meet some more members from Hampshire :thumbs:

Winchester here Btw :)

Good idea Stavos, it's about time we had a gander at your haddock :)

You want to look at my Cod piece ;)

Get a meet organised and we can all have a listen. Be good to meet some more members from Hampshire :thumbs:

Winchester here Btw :)

Good idea Stavos, it's about time we had a gander at your haddock :)

this meeting is on for sure now ;) all this talk of haddock and codpieces :p happy to arrange a meet, would be great to meet like minded people, miss that from the 200sx days! new to this forum so shall I open up a thread in the meets section?

Edited by veef13

Basingstoke here, I would be up for a meet but only mid November as my compression arm needs changing and the ball joint is banging more than a two bit whore at the moment :). It's going in on the 7th to be sorted.With previous car clubs the fave meeting points were the services on the M27 or Winnal Tesco just off the M3 at Winchester, just an idea.

Edited by Zeezeebaba