Feel ill after seeing my car in direct sunlight (help)

PPod

I always like to keep my 350 nice and clean so wash it very often but after seeing my black car recently in direct sunlight its horrendous the swirls,light scuffs and small chip i feel sick. The guy who i bought it off of hid it very well by the look of it and got it detailed or used a cover up polish never noticed how bad it was till recently. (maybe me washing it frequently finally uncovered the truth)

But any way i think i may just go down the root of a full respray/bodykit as i think its to late to save it so who are the best/reasonable priced guys to go to. I live in glasgow but would travel anywhere really in the uk to get the work properly done but preferably in scotland.

Really need to get this sorted soon as i can cause the swirls are just so deep :( hate it

Hahaha but its true i cant face my car during the day time. I might just resort to driving it at night time.

Would a machine polish really work? i have lots of scuffs as well that can only been seen in certain light and theres plenty of chips.

Without seeing the car I can't say for certain, but a machine polish will remove swirls and holograms. Even horrendous ones.

Rule of thumb - if you can feel a scratch with your nail, you won't be able to polish it out.

But swirls etc can be removed easily with a DA polisher.

Do you use the 2 bucket method to wash it, as well as using a wool mitt etc? If you're using a sponge and chamis then you are contributing to the swirls and you can't go blaming a previous owner.

A respray really is extreme! You're talking £300-£500 for a pro to detail and paint correct a car, compared to £2500 for a respray.

If you feel like doing it yourself, £125 will get you a DA polisher and associated bits from PolishedBliss.

• Like 1

All scratches/swirls are deep apart from one i found on the back arch due to a stone hopping up and skimming it. @lex could you recomend any detailers because i would give that a shot first and also how long does it last ?

Yep i am very carefull when cleaning i do the 2 bucket method and use a wool mit also along with microfibre clothes. I def was my previous owner.

Have a look on detailing world for Pro Detailers in your area.

Depending on how much you want doing and the condition of the paint, it can be anything from 5 hours to a few days. Just depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Gordon does outstanding work, if you do get him to do it you'll be impressed. Would be interesting to hear the quote, its a fair bit of work with the prep you need to do before hand (decon, clay etc).

I've got a machine polisher and all the other stuff needed for the prep stages, if you're feeling adventurous and want to give it a go you could bring the car over. I'm local.

Sy

Edited by Sy1441

I recently picked up a black zed too and i have to say I'm in the same boat as yourself, however I will need a full front end respray as well due to stone chips. Might have a go at correcting myself as i has a DAS 6 polisher but not sure on what pad and polish combo to go for as the ones i have used haven't been harsh enough to cut the paint enough to get rid of the defects.