a few turbo related questions..

the_doc

I have a friend who is wanting to have a twin-turbo set up on an imported revup.

I've been having a look and the GTM rhd kit but was wondering if anybody had experience with it?

Also would it be possible to get a rough estimate on the cost and unexpected expenses by people that have gone the twin-turbo route themselves?

Also the ideal power goal is 600+ so are there any weaknesses that need to be addressed pushing numbers that high.

Jay. :D

Cheers so far everyone, I've got a bit of light reading by the looks of it. I know he's wanting it to look as standard as possible. Not too big of an ask with the position of the turbos etc.

Would that be around the 15k mark with a built motor evilscorp?

This. Will cost Min £15k. Engine will need to be forged if you want to break 450+ bhp. So you're looking at 7/8k just in an engine build.

What are the weak areas on the zed engine when looking at big power?

Believe the conrods will be the weakest link.

You'll also want it to be a low compression ratio for an FI build.

Here's an example of a built "off the shelf" short block engine; http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_169_293_472_1407&products_id=25108

But you'll also need to consider cams, head work & more.

It's going to have to be a shop, probably somewhere in Scotland.

My 'friend' may be buying my car.

If shop built Im not sure 15k will be enough, he can give me an offer on mine ;)

5k engine

8k turbo and the rest of bits needed

10k build...

That looks like a good budget frame ;)

Easy 15k spend under the bonnet for forged TT conversion. Good luck finding a decent TT kit though :thumbs:

Yeah, that appears to be the issue tbh.

Twin Turbo 350Z just come up for sale the other day ~ definitely cheaper than doing it all yourself. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/90727-twin-turbo-350z/

Cheers, its a nice car but I know my friend is looking for bigger numbers.

Easy 15k spend under the bonnet for forged TT conversion. Good luck finding a decent TT kit though :thumbs:

Yeah, that appears to be the issue tbh.

Twin Turbo 350Z just come up for sale the other day ~ definitely cheaper than doing it all yourself. ;)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...win-turbo-350z/

Cheers, its a nice car but I know my friend is looking for bigger numbers.

If you read it though the guys only running on 440cc injectors and it isn't a built engine either. Definitely needs bigger injectors and with a good built engine could easily see some much bigger numbers imo.

It would be a great starting point is what I'm getting at. ;)