EU Referendum

Jetpilot

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will we get a referendum of leaving the Eu?

• Yes
    • No

Unlikely, not in the near future at least.

Next government will be a coalition because no-one will vote LD, floaters may cross to Lab, and Con will not have enough left to get a majority.

Can't see UKIP doing as well as they did with the EU elections, but we shall see. It would have to be a UKIP/Con coalition to get an EU referendum, and I can't see that happening.

If we do, I'd be voting to stay in.

Unlikely, not in the near future at least.

Next government will be a coalition because no-one will vote LD, floaters may cross to Lab, and Con will not have enough left to get a majority.

Can't see UKIP doing as well as they did with the EU elections, but we shall see. It would have to be a UKIP/Con coalition to get an EU referendum, and I can't see that happening.

If we do, I'd be voting to stay in.

Lab/Con wont likely ever happen so if we do get a hung parliament again its either going to be Lab or Con with Libs again or Ukip, cant see them teaming up with any other parties to make a majority, i guess a lot depends on how Ukip do at the general election as you say.

Maybe the fantastic turnout by the Scottish will inspire the country to have their say, although yes/no is in essence a lot simpler than which shower of sh... party do we actually cast our vote for.

Edited by Jetpilot

They treat us like morons, and seem to think if they carrot and stick us for long enough we'll get bored and move on. Its unlikely to happen but if it does they'll likely word it so complicated it confuses half the electorate.

Personally I'd be voting to leave. But its not set in stone. If given enough solid evidence I might be a swing voter. But its unlikely.

Probably because we dont feel we have a nationality left after having the life sucked out of us by the eu.

Imho i think there would be a fair turnout as this seems to be an issue that concerns the average man and woman. Britain might be great again rather than a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels telling us what we can and cant do.

Its unlikely to happen but if it does they'll likely word it so complicated it confuses half the electorate.

TBH I hope it doesnt for this reason, not the wording but the fact that 90% of people voting wont have the foggiest what they are actually voting for. If we take Jetpilots comment below about unelected bureaucrats, can someone tell me what law "they" have imposed on us recently?

Stuff like common business law, freedom of trade and movement over borders and the power that the UK gets by being part of the club far outweigh the £8Bn it costs us each year IMO ........... but then 70% of my business is overseas so I guess I have a bit more exposure than most people ;)

Part of the EU problem is our own country. Every time new mandates come out we're the only ones that actually follow them to the letter. The French just ignore it and do their own thing.

My issue with the EU is the fact they let in countries that weren't really financially at the same level so when things went tots up all the wealthy countries end up propping them up. And this is one of the things that's causing a growing opposition in Germany who seem to do most of the propping.

I have no issue with a free trade agreement which is what we're supposed to have had but its just morphed into something else.