Flex

Flex's dilema  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What should Flex do with his Zed

• Keep it but let the Mrs have it :)
    • Px for R34 in 2015
    • Sell it and get a track toy
    • Just keep it and stop being a tool

So a nice looking R34 came up on here the other day (I've always wanted one) and next year I would kinda like to do something different, had the zed 3 yrs now.

Would also be nice to get something for the track (obv not the R34) and I could not afford to do both.

Mrs loves the Zed and doesnt want me to change it.

R34 wouldnt go down in value though would it? So seems the most sensible option and ticks off my all time dream purchase.

Just putting it out there for discussion :)

Edited by Flex

I presume your talking GTR here? as although the GTT is quite nice, unless you prepared to spend a decent amount of money on it, you will be disappointed, the GTR did come down in price considerably but now seem to have stabilised, whether they will go up in value remains to be seen, but one thing I will say is that if your not going to maintain it yourself be prepared for big bills, and spares are not cheap either, personally for the sake of a few grand more I would get an R35, and although the maintenance is similar and perhaps more, from what I hear they are worth it, I guess it depends on what you want to spend, and do with it.

As above, find this pretty interesting, as r35 prices keep coming down, will r34 prices have to fall to stay in line so to speak?? Or is the r34 considered a classic now??

Much as i would like a 34, as tricky says, ignoring the r35 would be difficult as prices get closer.

Why do you discount the r34 for the track?

As above, find this pretty interesting, as r35 prices keep coming down, will r34 prices have to fall to stay in line so to speak?? Or is the r34 considered a classic now??

Much as i would like a 34, as tricky says, ignoring the r35 would be difficult as prices get closer.

Same reason I wouldnt track the zed, cost of repair if I'm unlucky/my driving ability doesnt compensate for a burst of stupidity.

What are you considering as a track car?

If she loves it then letting her have it would seem to make sense.

Something light, 2 seater but still road worthy as need 2 cars.

Same reason I wouldnt track the zed, cost of repair if I'm unlucky/my driving ability doesnt compensate for a burst of stupidity.

VXT

• Like 2

Lotus Exige?, but still going to cost If you stack it on track, any car will cost on that basis unless its completely disposable, mk1 mx5, rx8 as an example

Lotus Exige?, but still going to cost If you stack it on track, any car will cost on that basis unless its completely disposable, mk1 mx5, rx8 as an example

Well of course but some will cost a fraction to repair of other I would have thought.

Arent exige's like 40k though? Would be cool though as I live on Exige way!

Track toys will always be available. Decent R34s may not.

Get the R34 and scratch the itch whilst you can. :thumbs:

Dont think they are rare enough to worry about personally, something like a NSX would be a different story :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Dont think they are rare enough to worry about personally, something like a NSX would be a different story :)

Decent, unmolested ones are few and far between.

Either way, they're only getting older and more fragile with every passing year, whereas generic track toys can be of any age.

VXT

^^^^^^ what he said.

I am biased but VX/Elise/MX5 Turbo/Supercharged for track or an R34 GTT

Yes the R34 isnt the GTR, but it still packs a hell of a punch with a few changes to the turbo, engine and a map, you will have something that makes the Zed feel like it was driving in glue in terms of straight line blatting. And they look v cool :teeth:

Have to say I loved my Zed but my R33 is a more than adequate replacement - the VX220 however is a different league in terms of driving thrills.