350z De vs Hr

Angrybiker

Service history hit and miss and I have had the car a year now and service her my self. I'm excepting with the missis so she say 2 seater has to go but I have a 3 seater van 😃 I want to keep as my weekender. Or I go the complete opposite a go r32,astra vxr,EVO 7. But I love my Z 😢

My mate have the golf R and I still love my 350 over it. The sound the looks and the drive I like shifting gears old skool style lol yeah his cars quick of the line it's gone (launch control) I think that's cheating ������������ but it looks like any normal golf to me anyway I have always loved the Z I always wanted to own one and now I do so you can keep the golf audi etc I love my car even if it's a DE ������������������������

Curious, how many car lengths (or not) does the R beat the 350HR in a drag race? As I recall, not much if anything could beat my un-modded 350HR under £50k (unless it was modified :/)

Totally agreed on looks. The Z looks like a sports car, feels like one and sounds like one. The Golf R.. looks just like another golf really. That is all well and good if you don't want to look like you have a sports car, but is that logic not so dissimilar to those old folk that buy a 4ltr only to do 30 mph everywhere. If it is fast, it should look fast - and sexy - and masculine! You don't see many girls in 350z's (no offence), but I see plenty of sales reps and estate agents :excl: in Golfs. I'd say, if you have dogs and kids, such restrictions merit consideration of a golf R, it has boot space and rear seats. Its not all about speed, you can obliterate a golf R by spending a little more money on the 350HR engine, but certainly, no where near what a new R costs.

The golf r is much quicker off the line than the HR. With a roll on from 30mph the HR level pegged the R then started to pass it around 120! All on track!

The HR was only introduced in 2007, right? So those that have a 2006 DE got the raw end of the deal with the higher tax bracket but a few less horses.

Or the best of bothB) :lol:

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Ah, you must work in the tax office!

My little one is due Feb as well.

So question is if I have to get gone of my Z what do I get in its place

Wife said 4 doors but I be happy with 3 and I want 250-270bhp min

Remember this is my weekender as have a van the wife will have the family car.

My little one is due Feb as well.

So question is if I have to get gone of my Z what do I get in its place

Wife said 4 doors but I be happy with 3 and I want 250-270bhp min

Remember this is my weekender as have a van the wife will have the family car.

Audi S3!

Flame suit on! :lol:

Golf gti or if it were my money an Octavia VRS petrol both would need slight fettling to achieve your bhp figures but wouldn't take much. Lots of bang for your bucks with a mahoosive boot & plenty room in the back. Passat r36 if you can find one :thumbs:

Edited by Bems

Sorry my last post doesn't read correctly. The HR was able to pass the golf r after 120mph.

Erm, how? The Golf R has 9bhp less but 12ft/lb more torque than the 350, weighs at least 100kg less, has 4WD and a DSG 'box. It's limited to 155mph so I've no doubt will do that in stock form, so on no planet with even a vaguely competent driver should the 350 see which way the Golf R went in a straight line. Hell, I'd thoroughly expect the Golf to p*ss all over the 350 round the corners too.

I'd still rather own the 350 as I'd find it more fun, but I really struggle to believe that the 350 was quicker than the R :lol:

• Like 1

The HR was only introduced in 2007, right? So those that have a 2006 DE got the raw end of the deal with the higher tax bracket but a few less horses.

Or the best of bothB) :lol:

Ah, you must work in the tax office!

Haha no I just pay my tax monthly more affordable then. I meant the best qualities of both the -05 de's and hr models are in the 06 facelift model.

Just trying to make my car seem better

:lol:

• Like 1

Sorry my last post doesn't read correctly. The HR was able to pass the golf r after 120mph.

Erm, how? The Golf R has 9bhp less but 12ft/lb more torque than the 350, weighs at least 100kg less, has 4WD and a DSG 'box. It's limited to 155mph so I've no doubt will do that in stock form, so on no planet with even a vaguely competent driver should the 350 see which way the Golf R went in a straight line. Hell, I'd thoroughly expect the Golf to p*ss all over the 350 round the corners too.

I'd still rather own the 350 as I'd find it more fun, but I really struggle to believe that the 350 was quicker than the R :lol:

Don't get me wrong the golf was very quick there was nothing in it in fact with them dsg gear changes the golf is definitely a quicker car on shorter circuits.

I think it depends on how the car delivers that power, mine has only had an uprev other than that it is standard engine wise. The HR with an uprev does pull really well all the way into the red. This could just be to do with the difference in gear ratios at that particular speed but my HR definitely started to edge a standard R at them speeds. As you mentioned though the golf is ridiculously quick out of the lower speed corners which the zed couldn't match!

I prefer the exterior styling (lights and bonnet) on the DE but the HR has a better interior. Performance wise, not a great deal in it. A £300 remap on the DE and there is nothing in it. The HR will always rev higher, without big mods, but the DE has more torque.

I prefer the exterior styling (lights and bonnet) on the DE but the HR has a better interior. Performance wise, not a great deal in it. A £300 remap on the DE and there is nothing in it. The HR will always rev higher, without big mods, but the DE has more torque.

Correct the DE does have more torque but only in a very small area of the Rev range, the HR has more torque throughout the whole range! :)

Audi S3!

Flame suit on! :lol:

Wash your mouth out.

Buy a 1 series BMW instead, job done. And having done 3K km across Europe in a Mk7 Golf GTi I can confirm it feels quicker than a 350Z, definitely gets to 155mph quicker and is a cracking car, Id be VERY surprised if a Zed could live with a Golf R :)

I agree the Golf R would see off a 370 let alone a 350 but you cant compare a car with different drivers, i do know that I would push a 8k car a lot harder on track than a 40k car

• Like 1