JWT Twin Turbo Kit

.:Bullen:.

Hi guys

Ive just got hold of a JWT twin turbo kit from the states for cheap money. Have any of you guys fitted one or know what trouble I'm going to run in to ? Ha

I know it's not going to be a direct bolt & go I'm expecting a few troubles just thought I'd ask on here.

Also I'm yet to get injectors I'm running a standard block so will be low boost do you guys recommend 440 or 550cc injectors ?

Appreciate any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know much about the JWT kit but 550 would be the minimum on injectors I was running 725 - also depends on power you are after, but on a stock engine you should be safe on 550 :thumbs:

You need a built engine for best returns lower comp pistons and crank up the boost :)

Good luck with it.

• Like 1

No I've done abit of research but obviously a lot or most of it infact is from the states so wanted some uk info but as guessed the kit came up and I did have to act fast to get it.

But I appreciate the advise il get some 550s, I'm not upping the internals just yet il run it on 7-8psi and upgrade the internals next year hopefully.

Coming from the US , are you sure it will fit at all , you may struggle to fit the kit with our steering column on the other side.

My point exactly, as research after you have purchased the product is futile.

Most USA L/H/D turbo kits usually have an issue with the manifold clearing the steering column when fitted to R/H/D cars.

Alex. :)

Yes I did my research and thought that would be a problem but I dont use my car as a daily driver, and I can get a custom manifold made up if need be. I know its a gamble but its a risk I took if it all fails then I will just re sell the kit on. Im not a dreamer behind a desk thinking it will be an easy fit. Im a trained mechanic and now a offshore technician so im in the right place to get it all sorted & have access to all the tools/companys i need to get it on well fingers crossed anyways :-)

• Like 1

I was looking at ditching the cast manifolds and hopefully getting some stainless ones designed up then it should be easy to cut & re weld the downpipes around the steering column if needs be. Plus it might give me a little extra flow to the turbos

Good luck with that, however unfortunately I can't see that working. :)

Bit of usfull info for the future, a nice easy way to work injector sizes/requirements out is this

Take the injector size (say 550cc) and multiply it by the number of required injectors ( 6 here) now devide that by 5.5 (hp per cc of fuel) and that will give you your theoretical maximum power capabilities, this does make a few assumptions but it's the best guide for quickly specing injectors.

550*6/5.5= 600

As you can see 550cc injectors will give you plenty headroom for the future if you do decide to forge the engine :)

I was looking at ditching the cast manifolds and hopefully getting some stainless ones designed up then it should be easy to cut & re weld the downpipes around the steering column if needs be. Plus it might give me a little extra flow to the turbos

Good luck with that, however unfortunately I can't see that working. :)

Why not Alex?

No I've done abit of research but obviously a lot or most of it infact is from the states so wanted some uk info but as guessed the kit came up and I did have to act fast to get it.

But I appreciate the advise il get some 550s, I'm not upping the internals just yet il run it on 7-8psi and upgrade the internals next year hopefully.

Bit of usfull info for the future, a nice easy way to work injector sizes/requirements out is this

Take the injector size (say 550cc) and multiply it by the number of required injectors ( 6 here) now devide that by 5.5 (hp per cc of fuel) and that will give you your theoretical maximum power capabilities, this does make a few assumptions but it's the best guide for quickly specing injectors.

550*6/5.5= 600

As you can see 550cc injectors will give you plenty headroom for the future if you do decide to forge the engine :)

I'm running 500cc injectors on my APS TT kit. Running 502bhp @ around 10psi :thumbs:

• Like 1

I don't know much about the JWT kit but 550 would be the minimum on injectors I was running 725 - also depends on power you are after, but on a stock engine you should be safe on 550 :thumbs:

You need a built engine for best returns lower comp pistons and crank up the boost :)

Good luck with it.

I am on the same 725 injectors but read up as they might have there own recommendations

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys right got stuck in with the kit last night and this morning, manifolds are all off and as expected the steering rack is the sticking point! Here's a couple of pictures from what I can see my options are space out the rack, shim up the engine or have a new knuckle made although I believe gtm do this in the states or lastly get new manifolds made up.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions fire away :-) f54e794983b4ce0dfc9f97d0f6379280.jpg4dbb573ede167f555d0e9468b3a30cef.jpg9d0be1f36c064aca178baaab8811e683.jpg