Your Zed and winter! Advice needed? X

Bobby D

Never ever,ever take mine out when there's salt on the road, but I have the luxury of another run around car

So how do you keep your Zed from seizing up or just dying? Just don't want to take her out in the weather we get in Germany! And the salts another added factor!

Like the others have said trickle charge and on a fine clear road, especially after a deluge of rain to clear the salt take it out for a run. My car will last about 3 weeks without charging or running, on a trickle charge months.

Stick mine in the garage in November and run her once a month for a few miles on a dry day (if we get one), get her back out April/May when Spring arrives. Done that for 3 years and she hasnt missed a beat..

Use mine daily, if it gets a little damp its makes it a little more fun.

However most cars will suffer with ground clearance issues if it gets pretty bad with snow.

Chuck a nice big splitter on it, then the car will clear it's own way ahead :lol:

• Like 1

To drive it in Germany during the winter, it has to have winter tyres on. If you get pulled you will be raped, brutally.

If you do put winter tyres on it, I'd be pretty impressed if you managed to bin it.

Another thing.. if the car is in the drive then it does not need winter tyres. Should you decide to buy a 400 euro shed for the winter then it's fine to stay there without them fitted.

Use mine daily, if it gets a little damp its makes it a little more fun.

However most cars will suffer with ground clearance issues if it gets pretty bad with snow.

Chuck a nice big splitter on it, then the car will clear it's own way ahead :lol:

Haha love it! Thank you for all the advice! Going to get winter tyres on the original wheels and just swop them over! Keep the veilsides kept in the garage sparkling! Cars just not going to be the same with out therm on :-( !

All of which reminds me........ In my garage I still have my OEM 17s with good winter tyres on - but no 350Z to put them on :dry: Made a big difference last winter.

I must do a for sale advert some time now people are starting to think about this.

Have already acquired winter wheels and tyres for the XK8 (I always buy them in the summer).

When it snows I have a roll of carpet in the boot to drive over for if I get stuck, a shovel and a bit of salt too. Otherwise the car stays the same, it's just my driving which changes. Although I can't wait to use my one of these in the winter this year:

DSCN1209.jpg

• Like 2