DE Intake Pipe Swap - Simple, yeah?

Stutopia

Got a shiny new CF intake pipe to go in, straight swap for what's in there, with OEM airbox and MAF retained. This is the sort of "add on job" my tech would usually do when the Zed's in for something else, but it looks like a fairly straightforward job so I figure I'll break out my sockets and get a tan.

Is changing the intake pipe as straightforward as it appears, anything I need to be mindful of when I'm hitting it with a hammer after it has all come to pieces?

Thanks, Stu.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy :thumbs:

There's a hose on the underside of the intake pipe you need to be aware of, but I'm sure there'll be a location for it on your new tube, so it'll give you an idea where it's located.

Simples but as 14N has mentioned there is a tube on the underside pipe that you will need a pair of pliers on to prise the clip open with. Make sure you slide it back on nice and tight. Its an easy job but the clip on the tube is a little awkward to access.

easy as pie think it took me 15 minutes all n

Did that include having a fag break and tea in between? took me 2 clips and a bolt lol. done.

no it included removing the maf from the airbox and linking it to a new air filter, and included cleaning up time of tools etc did it in darkness with a light from a phone

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I think it looks ok?

The new intake tube was maybe 1cm shorter than the previous, so it was bit of stretch at the top for the silicone coupler to be tight on the throttle body and the tube, but I think it's got there in the end. Not quite the 15 minutes I was lead to believe :)

If anything looks weird or wrong, please do shout now, I need to drive her tomorrow!

Thanks for your comments :)

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1