GTM SUPERCHARGER AIR FILTER ISSUES

4RE Leather

problem is getting your hand in to get at it.

Even on the ramp with the wheel off/inner wheel arch off its still a pig as it sits the wrong side of the front bumper girder.

Heat shield no good as there is not enough room and I don't want to restrict the air flow Jumping.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Just to add to my misery lol

I get bad brake judder at all speeds.

I have done the usual but to no avail.

Balanced the wheels again!

Tracking ok

My driving style dictates that I keep the vehicle moving at all times as much as possible.

I only brake to stop. I know this may sound daft but I slow down using the accelerator giving plenty of time and

use the gears.

You can tell I was a coach driver.

The result is I hardly ever need to change my pads.

I have put 30,000 on my skoda and the pads are still well over half.

The down side is that I am constantly having to rebed the pads as they never fully touch the disk.

I recently took the DS2500's out as I was not happy with "Emergency Braking"

And replaced them with a softer Padgid.

It started on Sunday morning on the way to Windsor and has got quite bad.

That's why in the Cannon ball video i posted you can see I have a large gap between me and the vehicle in front.

Like I said I did all the checks and have the usual scars to prove it.

Discs are fine no ridges at all.

All ideas most welcome.

Brembo set up.

I had an element shield on the filter on my MPS, ran it all year long with no issues maybe a solution? also look into dry flow filters that don't get oiled? possibly a solution? The MPS used to run a SURE dry flo filter with an element shield. People on the mps forums using this type of setup on 600 horse cars with no issues

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your help guys.

I just been informed that this is a replacement air-filter (correct one) but the guy that did it forgot to tell me lol.

He was dong oil change at the time.

Mark just sent the product code through its a K&N RU-3580.

There is no room to put a shield or box round as the intake pipe goes through a space big enough to slide my small hands

through and take the skin off.

I can't keep dropping the front bumper every time I need to do anything.

I personally would prefer one that did not need to be oiled all the time.

Pete, I cleaned mine today after this post prompted me to have a look. I've only don't about 6000 miles on it from new but having run k&n before I can honestly say it was no dirtier than expected and could have done the same again before needing cleaning. I only really run mine on clear days and don't do many miles, are you driving in particularily dust conditions as it may be down to environment and you will just have to clean more frequently, a different filter is unlikely to make much difference.

Edited by OllyB
  • Like 1

Pete, I cleaned mine today after this post prompted me to have a look. I've only don't about 6000 miles on it from new but having run k&n before I can honestly say it was no dirtier than expected and could have done the same again before needing cleaning. I only really run mine on clear days and don't do many miles, are you driving in particularily dust conditions as it may be down to environment and you will just have to clean more frequently, a different filter is unlikely to make much difference.

Is yours in the same position Olli

Right I decided to stay with K&N as supplied and just do what some of the others have done.

I just need to find a place that sells a RU-3580 near to me to pick up on Friday.

I am sorting the brakes out on Saturday so 2 birds 1 stone :)

Many many thanks for all the advice guys.

I am checking some other bits over so will let you know my findings.

Is yours in the same position Olli

Yep, exactly the same place.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up after all with a ITG MAXOGEN as it had a slightly bigger surface area and was a stronger construction.

Early tests suggest its working fine.

Am dropping it off at Horsham so Jezz can sort my misfire out.

I will let you know what he finds at a later date. :)

• Like 1

Surley the ONLY way to change the setup would be to get the stage 2 SC housing & make a custom pipe to route around the steering column & a heat shield for the downpipe. You should get a better airflow over the 180' setup you have now but it will still mean regular air filter servicing & you would still need to get under the car to do so.

• Like 1