Lift

bytespc

OK is anypne else getting lift at 130 plus ?, I ask because I took the car to a lovely disussed Aerodrome near me and was fortunate with the owners permission to really give her the beans and the steering is hellishly light once over the 120- 130 mark ?

No problems at 130 but I guess it may depend on what you have done with your car also at that speed the car will obviously react to any movement a lot quicker especially if the road condition is rougher, that may in turn feel at that speed lighter. Is the car stock? I have a basic sports set up on brakes and suspension that firms everything up for less roll etc.

OK car is new to me ....2 months , explanation for spacer theory is on the other thread.

The car is standard apart from 20" Finichi Firenze wheels, I love the wheels ( came with the car ) they are straight bar a little pothole damage on the drivers side front ( wheel has been off stripped tested for weakness and it zeroes on the balancer fine ) good job as the wheels don't seem t be available any more :(

& no there is no vibration or all of this would be mute.

Could quite easily be caused by a bad alignment problem, worn dampers, or even tyres.

Err hold on wasn't it you that reported problems with your spacers........

His spacers wont cause lift..!! :surrender:

I would be extremely surprised if what he is describing as "lift" actually was lift, i think has is just trying to describe a detached not quite in control feeling that often associated with bad alignment and or worn dampers, or badly designed/fitted/too large wheel spacers.

However i might describe the feeling this guy is getting as lift rather than down force. ;)

10247296_275518009302316_3202148057693184490_n.jpg

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 3

Could quite easily be caused by a bad alignment problem, worn dampers, or even tyres.

Err hold on wasn't it you that reported problems with your spacers........

Not an issue that was one of the first things I had done when I bought the car .

I think the only thing to do is to let someone from this forum do 130+ mph in your car past a school to see if there is in fact any problems with the steering or if what you're feeling is normal for that speed.

Dry very Dry Will.......:)

I think the only thing to do is to let someone from this forum do 130+ mph in your car past a school to see if there is in fact any problems with the steering or if what you're feeling is normal for that speed.

Dry very Dry Will....... :)

I don't always do 130mph but when I do, it's past a school.

• Like 3

Dry very Dry Will....... :)

I don't always do 130mph but when I do, it's past a school.

Don't ya just hate those pesky kids.....

I hate to be the guy to ask this...

But what tyres do you have on? And is the disused aerodrome clean? Dust/stones/moss/dirt/debris on the surface could make the car feel like it's floating at that speed.

If the tyres are in bad condition, low tread, cheap brand, they wouldn't like going 130 for long.

• Like 1

Don't ya just hate those pesky kids.....

:lol: Honestly though, it might just be nothing as I wouldn't really want to try and go in anything but a straight line at 130mph in my car - the steering is noticeably lighter at higher speeds but I think that's normal?

But what tyres do you have on? And is the disused aerodrome clean? Dust/stones/moss/dirt/debris on the surface could make the car feel like it's floating at that speed.

If the tyres are in bad condition, low tread, cheap brand, they wouldn't like going 130 for long.

Tyres are falkens and have 5 to 6mm tread

Tyres are falkens and have 5 to 6mm tread

should be fine then, so that's one thing to knock off the list :lol:

Can i ask apart from the 20" which will have an effect on the overall feel of the car as to achieve the correct rolling radius the tyres are going to be very low profile IE 30-35, do you have the car lowered, and have you got adjustable camber control arms and rods fitted?

Who did the alignment setup?