370Z Nismo for sale in Motherwell...

AMT

Thought the new ones needed a 9k deposit! That's an awful deal I think. Other German cars were around 2-3k deposit

new ones need as much deposit as you're willing to pay I believe. surely they would just need to finance more of the car for you.

When I checked about 5 months ago it was no less than 9k and around £400 a month on a pcp. Mercedes slk as an example was £1000 deposit and £370 a month for 3 years. Bargain in comparison

What sort of SLK are we talking about here ??

lol can't remember but it wasn't entry level. I can try and see if I can find the info again. Might have been a special. Gateway2lease was the company

call nissan and ask the question? see what theyt can do for you

• 2 weeks later...

They called me about it last week, invited me for a test drive and I turned up and they had the wheels off it haha! Going back to see it on Tuesday. The interior is putting me off quite considerably, it looks and feels cheap in comparison to the GT edition.

They called me about it last week, invited me for a test drive and I turned up and they had the wheels off it haha! Going back to see it on Tuesday. The interior is putting me off quite considerably, it looks and feels cheap in comparison to the GT edition.

Don't buy it then?

When I checked about 5 months ago it was no less than 9k and around £400 a month on a pcp. Mercedes slk as an example was £1000 deposit and £370 a month for 3 years. Bargain in comparison

That does seem like a large deposit but my guess is that Nissan isn't selling these at hugely inflated margins compared to Merc/BMW/Audi and most notoriously, Porsche (a new cayman with similar-ish performance would cost twice as much as a 370N). Perhaps they don't quite have the margin to play with when it comes to offering competitive finance deals?

Went and took the Nismo for a test drive. Really liked it and can see past the interior trim (although would have preferred either racing seats or the GT half-leather). Was a lot quieter than mine due to the exhaust which I actually liked.

The car was covered in bird @*!#, had almost no fuel in it (one light and the flashing warning saying 0 miles), had the tyre pressure warning on along with another. The sales guy said he had to drive it out of the dealership for insurance purposes then we could swap around, he then managed to hit the rear nearside wheel off the kerb when parking! The Zed is a nightmare of a car to park if your not used to it, felt terrible for him.

Got what I felt was a lowball offer on my car and the finance % was about triple what I could get by going to the bank so left them to come back with a better offer if they want to do business.

Edited by Sy1441
  • Like 1

Went and took the Nismo for a test drive. Really liked it and can see past the interior trim (although would have preferred either racing seats or the GT half-leather). Was a lot quieter than mine due to the exhaust which I actually liked.

The car was covered in bird @*!#, had almost no fuel in it (one light and the flashing warning saying 0 miles), had the tyre pressure warning on along with another. The sales guy said he had to drive it out of the dealership for insurance purposes then we could swap around, he then managed to hit the rear nearside wheel off the kerb when parking! The Zed is a nightmare of a car to park if your not used to it, felt terrible for him.

Got what I felt was a lowball offer on my car and the finance % was about triple what I could get by going to the bank so left them to come back with a better offer if they want to do business.

You're giving me a shot if you buy it :lol:

• Like 1

Love the 370Z still Jay hence looking at the Nismo. Think my hanging about with the mob on here on Sunday has me looking at things with more aero's attached! I don't like modified cars though, lol.

I hope that is sarcasm :lol: you obv sat next to AMT for too long !!

Get some alloys on it and lower it :)

Good to see you at the rugby btw lol...... I was pretty far on when I first saw you. What do you want me to do with the Exhaust as its still sitting in my old boys garage.

Love the 370Z still Jay hence looking at the Nismo. Think my hanging about with the mob on here on Sunday has me looking at things with more aero's attached! I don't like modified cars though, lol.

I hope that is sarcasm :lol: you obv sat next to AMT for too long !!

A touch of sarcasm? Never hahaha!!

• Like 2

Get some alloys on it and lower it :)

Good to see you at the rugby btw lol...... I was pretty far on when I first saw you. What do you want me to do with the Exhaust as its still sitting in my old boys garage.

Likewise, we had been on it for a while when I seen you also! Cant believe we drunk that bar dry of lager, we were drinking Strawberry Cider at one point as it was the only alcoholic drink they had haha! Was a great night, U-U-UGANDA!!!

I would likely get the stock exhaust stuck back on it if I trade it in via a dealer and sell the other one on here, can't see me taking that Nismo right enough now on reflection, just too many let downs with the service and to me would give an indication of the level of aftercare to expect. Will stick with mine for the time being. Is it alright lying there for the near future? If not i'm sure it'll make a lovely talking piece in my living room lol.

Edited by Sy1441